1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a faster way to transcode MPEG/AVI files to DVD format??? Please help this newb...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Noblefool, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Noblefool

Noblefool Member

Hi there, I'm trying to make a DVD of some Batman The Animated Series episodes, that I downloaded from Limewire. Right now, some of the video files are in AVI and MPEG format...I've used SONICDVD and the MAINCONCEPT trial to transcode them into DVD format...however the process is taking like forever. SONICDVD takes hours to transcode a simple 45 min episode...the mainconcept trial is a little faster, but it still takes too long (at least from what I'm thinking it should) to transcode a simple 45 min episode into DVD format. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there another type of software I should be using for faster transcoding purposes. Thank you in advance, I appreciate any and all assistance!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use divxtodvd, you can load multiple avi's / mpeg's and the same time and make 1 film when its finished...

now speed and quality are somwaht a trade off,

but this baby is fast fast fast, and a free app at present too...

it sorts lip sync out on auto! its great! and where this will come in for you, is the out put files are smaller in comparison and also it makes vob/ifo/bup ready for burning!

i would say its on a par with main concept may be better!

3. Webuser

Webuser Member

Your processor will determine what speed your movies encode. The bigger the processor the faster you will encode.
    Have you tried Ace Video workshop? Fastest one I have used.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm with Rotary divxtodvd is by far the fastest and easiest way to convert your files to DVD compliant files. Best of all it's free :). All you have to do is load your files and click encode it doesn't get any simpler than that.

5. tb7025

tb7025 Member

What if you get an error message from DVD shrink that says: VIDEO_TS.IFO
    system can not find the specified file.

This is after I used DIVXTODVD and selected the filed created by DIVTODVD.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try just clicking on Re-author in Shrink instead of open files.

7. Webuser

Webuser Member

DIVXTODVD is indeed fast, and simple to use, but you lose quality, and edit ability. Its a personal choice I suppose. I prefer to go for quality over speed. I tend to use Tmpgenc. Its not the slowest, it encodes good quality (you can choose constant or variable bitrate), you can change volume settings (AC3 tends to be quiet). Its a good all rounder.