1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a new copy protection? please clarify.

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Goonerz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Goonerz

Goonerz Member

Can someone clear something up for me plz. I have not long joined this forum, and have seen some threads on a new copy protection on dvd's? something to do with sony? I normally use dvdxcopy platinum to backup my discs but have come across a few I cannot backup. So I have been using Shrink and DVD Decrypter coz reading threads ppl are sayin use these. So is there something new out there on the discs??

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Jeanc1...leave him alone has a question lets just answer it. Well yes there is its called arcoos. Its on sony/universal dvd's. Anydvd can remove it .

4. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Jeanc1...leave him alone has a question lets just answer it. Well yes there is its called arcoos. Its on sony/universal dvd's. Anydvd can remove it .

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

madgreek

Do you really believe that Jean1 is doing something wrong here by pointing out that a new member double posted the same exact question within [bold]21 minutes[/bold] of each other? How is one to learn the rules if they are not pointed out? I agree that both can be done, explain the double post to a newbie and also help answer the question, but "leave him alone", I don't think is an appropriate suggestion to any member trying to explain the rules set by this forum and rigorously policed by the moderators.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  6. madgreek

madgreek Guest

He explained no rules. He is looking for guidance. So what he double posted. It a website not a library. Oh no be double posted!>!>!> People on these posts man are way to rule crazy.

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@madgreek !

Maybe you should take a look at the rules !!
    they are here :- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

That is clear and if you look at that thread I referred to -- you will see that there are other people responding there too !! --- THAT is exactely what the rule is trying to stop.

Have a great day !

8. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Good then he is getting double the help! :-0

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

The link above is from dRD, the owner of this "website" as you call it, actually a forum. Since this is a free forum for all to use, he asks just a few rules be adhered to. I do believe its his choice how he wants to conduct his forum and no one else’s. What might be an inconvenience for you is not for others.

I quess dRD should change things just for you!

10. madgreek

madgreek Guest

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

11. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Ya know what I find total funny. We basically are talking about items and issues that in most cases are not exactly legal. Debateable I would say. And people here are getting crazy because a guy posted a question twice. I am sure a 1,000 word essay is coming on what I just said so I will be quiet now.

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

So the rules should be changed, just cuz the madgreek says so?
    You were asked to read the forum rules before you joined this forum. you agreed to them then....whats up now?

No double posting, helps hold down the congestion of this forum,and helps the people assisting,from posting on an already answered question.
    I only have a limited amount of time to spend on this forum. Why should I waste mine on one thread, when that person was already helped on another?
    If you dont like the rules, then take it up with the boss, or even a mod, and see what they think.
    If you have the nerve.

13. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I love this site. Man how many minutes did you waste writting that. Just curious. Let me time you next time.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

madgreek, read the rules about no shouting "SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " so knock off the caps lock button OR "do you hear the thunder!!!!!"

15. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hmmmmmmm I guess you dont have the nerve.

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Nope, just pointing out some rules and the fact that your comments were uncalled for and rude!

Here are a couple of my favorite threads to back up my point:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/167083

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/168368#880224

May I use some of your favorite lines? I also see now why you don’t feel there is a problem with double posting since others here have already spoken to you about it.

No need to get crazy.

What do you care. Something tells me you have no job and sit at home all day and crituque others lol

bbmayo...you sound like a stalker. Or you have alot of time on your hands.

madgreek, you have such a way with words... now your spelling and content on the other hand… that needs a bit of help. LMAO

17. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Here is another line to add to your list...How long did it exactly take you to look up all that? Just curious. I love getting a rise out of you guys. It passes my day at work so nicely.

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You know what passes my day? Banning functionally challenged dumbasses like you madgreek :)

19. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Thanks Nephilim
    That kinda put a shine on my day too LOL

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i see the thunder has arrived & struck