1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a quicker way?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nyblue_71, Dec 6, 2004.

1. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Hi again everyone!!! Since this place helped me alot when I first got my burner ,I have another question for everyone. Ok, I am ripping,shrinking,burning like a pro. I am using dvd shrink along with nero. This is my question, I had to back up a movie and needed to make 3 copies. Do I have to go through the entire 40-50 minute process each time? I already shrunk and ripped it,shouldn't I just be able to burn it instead of going through the whole process? Thanks!!!! Also,I was using the trial version of nero and it expired,however I am still using it to burn,does anyone know why? I thought I had to buy it?

2. ChuckyV

ChuckyV Member

Option #1 - When you used SHRINK, it placed the files in a Temp folder on your hard drive. So you can now just use NERO and burn those files into the Video_TS folder of your blank DVD.
    Option #2 - Just burn disk to disk using NERO.

I haven't found much one better than the other at this point.

3. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I use decrypter to burn and I just unticked "delete image after burn". Thus the image saved to my designated folder on my hard drive. Opened decrypter,open the folder, clicked on image and burn. Another copy in 14 min 24 sec at 4x.

4. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Thanks! I will try out what you said.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

To make it extremely simple,

Option 1. Nero has a box that you can select how many copies you wish to burn and as it spits discs out all you have to do is to place new blanks in and it will continue to burn automatically.

Option 2. If you have multiple burners Nero allows you to operate both burners at the exact same time, spitting out 2 discs at 1 time and allowing you to just place 2 more in to continue on.

If you wish to operate more than 2 burners then a different license may be purchased to go to as many as 32 (I believe).

Cheers,

Pete

6. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Thanks scubapete! Once again you have helped me. I tried doing what the other posts said and couldnt get it. I think I first have to buy and install the full edition of nero. My trial version expired and it's only allowing me to burn,nothing else. I will have to buy it and then try your advice. I tried using dvd decrypter but wasnt able to figure it out.

7. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

One more thing scubapete,since your so knowledgable in this area I wanted to ask you a question which I tried posting in another forum ,but remains unanswered. Whats the best way to tranfer my vhs tapes to dvd? Software,hardware,etc.... If you can direct me to the proper area in afterdawn or give me some tips I would greatly appreciate it,thanks!

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nyblue_71,

DVD decrypter works just fine if you follow a guide (like anything else).

Use Nero's registry cleaner and reload the trial version again for another month -

AFA VHS to DVD, You'll need a "capture card OR some external method to get your VHS files into your PC. Once you have it there, use NeroVision to render it to DVD's. Another great reason to buy it today -

BTW, here's a guide for Decrypter/Shrink -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Cheers,

Pete

9. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Thanks for all the info scubapete,just one last thing. I was trying to reload nero and it still said I cant do anything because the trial version expired. How do I clean out the registry and reload it? Thanks.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nyblue_71,

Nero should help you with that -

Use their "clean tools" especially Nero's registry cleaner -

Pretty nice of them, Huh ?

Cheers,

Pete