1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a tool to extract audio files from PS2 disks?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by unclepain, Mar 31, 2003.

1. unclepain

unclepain Member

I own the Jedi Starfighter game for PS2 and I was wondering if there was a way to just extract the audio sound effects from the disk and save them on my computer. I am making a Star Wars based fan film and I need sounds of the Starfighter for the film. Any suggestions?

2. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

pssPlex, MFAudio
    may be what your looking for, don't know of any others.

3. unclepain

unclepain Member

Well, it appears that the files I'm after live in the resource.pak file in the root of the DVD disk. Only problem is I can't seem to find anything that will show me the contents. I was able to use MFAudio and I could pull the music out of the stream.pak file fine, but that was only because the MFAudio read me file had the correct settings for the Offset settings. I tried to have MFAudio try and extract audio from the resource.pak file and I had to eventually kill the program cause the WAV file it tried to build was over 13 gigs in size and my hard drive was filling up. I have tried several different compression utilities to try and expand the file and most of them say it is unsupported. I even downloaded PAK Explorer and pakscape, but the best I got was that pak explorer told me I didn't have rights to open the file. Any ideas how I can access the contents of that PAK file?

4. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

I had similar trouble with another file like that.
    After I converted it to wav it said it wasn't recognized and wouldn't play, so to get around that I got another program MP3 recorder.
    I'd play the file with MFaudio and record it with this other program.
    after a bit of fine tuning I got a good quality audio file. -heres a link-
    http://www.sound-recorder.com/software/audio-mp3-wma-recorder.htm
    Also You may want to look for a rip kit for the game some kits are designed specifically for that game and may have tools for you to "rip" the audio out of the game, and may have a better explanation for doing so.
    -hope this helps-
    http://www.alucard.cc/new/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  5. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

You may also want to try this site,
    http://www.ps2modz.cjb.net/
    you may have to sign up (free)
    There's a generic extractor here,plus other tools that may work

6. rayman01

rayman01 Guest

There is a software called PS2GUI....just google search it.