1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a tool to remove the systemupdate right out of the .iso image? Trying to get portal 2 to work without updating

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swamibob, Apr 30, 2011.

1. swamibob

swamibob Member

Is there a tool to remove the system update right out of the iso image before writing it out to get the game to run without the xbox seeing there is a newer version to be loaded? I have seen a program to do this for the wii, but not for the xbox 360. I have looked around and it seems like most people that remove it are just deleting the directory but they are using the jtag method to load right from standard file structure. I need some way to take the systemupdate out of the iso before I write it out and still have it load properly, if that is possible.
    Thanks

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

no unless you have a JTAG

3. swamibob

swamibob Member

Can anyone explain technically why it cannot be removed and repacked and burned? Does the particular game itself have code telling the machine that there should be a certain systemupdate on the disc and if it doesn't see it, it won't boot? Is it because it changes the file structure or a checksum or something that has to be exact for the xbox to boot?

Just trying to learn why there is not such a tool out there to do this.

Thanks

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't know however if it could be done don't you think there would be mention of it all over the net & easy to find in a web search.