1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a Unleashd x Bootable CD for HDD upgrade?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mfd61, Feb 21, 2007.

1. mfd61

mfd61 Member

Can someone help me with trying to make a Unleashx bootable cd so that I can upgrade my xbox hdd to a bigger hdd? Every forum I go to there are people with Evox bootable cd TuT's. I need Unleashd X tut...

** IS there really a difference whether I use the Evox. bootable CD?

I really would not prefer any hotswapping, unless it is absolutely necessary.

If anyone can help , I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

If ur using a softmoded XBOX then u cant us e the bootable Cd but id use Evox if i were u if ur u sing a modchip.

3. mfd61

mfd61 Member

I dont have a mod chip.......just soft modded...

4. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Then my advice to you is to either get Xenium Gold solderless modchip or put the hard drive in the Computer and build your partitions, those are the only ways.

5. mfd61

mfd61 Member

how do you build partitions on the new hdd. I tried last night with xboxhdm and made a iso and burnt a dvr disk with Nero 7 at 2x speed.

Hooked up upgrade hdd to a back up computer, ran the newly copied dvd to boot up. It boots up to the xboxhdm menu and I pressed 1 and then it went to another screen with the linux penguin and stopped. down at the bottom it stated RAMDISK componet image found in bin .

What els or is there another application other than xboxhdm to use?

Thanks

6. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Before i answer all tht, did u copy all ur C" nd E" Folders from ur XBOX into the C" nd E" folders of the XBOXHDM ?

7. mfd61

mfd61 Member

Yes I copied all of the c/ and E/ folders to the folders on xboxhdm. I also copied my eeprom to the eeprom file. then i click the made.iso.bat and it gave me a iso file of around 3,999,653 kb.. So i burn that to a disk using nero 7 at 2x speed

by the way Is the eeprom 256 kb?

8. mfd61

mfd61 Member

I am using an old computer- 433mhz to download the hardware onto the new hdd. Can that be my problem....Will it take longer to formate the drives with this computer........I just dont want to harm my other computer....
    Thanks