1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to check if its flashed without a game?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by martin280, Jan 9, 2008.

1. martin280

martin280 Member

Hi.

So I recently tried flashing my Hitachi 59 and it caused a boatload of troubles. First, I couldn't get slax to work with the 59 and my Via VT6421 Sata Card. So I moved it to an onboard sata connection and Slax recognized it and put it into mode B just fine.

Starting up into windows with the onboard sata connections showed that it wasn't being recognized, just wasn't coming up. Don't know what the deal with that is. So I plugged it into the Sata Card with Via VT6421 and I was able to get it sort of recognized in windows-- but it kept kind of going in and out of recognition. A few freezes and stuff. The sata card wasn't working properly I suppose.

So I noted the newest drive letter (G) and flashed it with iXtreme1 4_Hitachi_C4EVA_rev1.rar at 2x. It said it was finished, so I unplugged my xbox and reassembled it. Just tried burning and playing Mass Effect but I put the CD in and it says "reading disc" then just goes over to "Open tray" after a bit. Originals play fine.

I have the backup folder with the bins "was" "now" "key" and "59_16-2x" so I was wondering if there was a way to check if my Xbox was flashed successfully without a backup disc. I'll try burning a different game and maybe that'll work, but I don't want to waste too many discs if its not working and I need to attempt a reflash.

Thanks!

2. hack01

hack01 Regular member

When you are done w/the flash it should tell you it was successful or something like that,but to really test it you would need a backup.

3. martin280

martin280 Member

I guess it did turn out fine.

I just burned FEAR and it loaded up.

4. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Thats good.I just did a flash on someone else XBOX360 yesterday and after its finish on the last step it says its done and you can disconnect your xbox 360.