1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to format 3.55 CFW (kmeaw)? I cannot get backup loaders to work

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by DaWolf1205, Nov 12, 2011.

1. DaWolf1205

DaWolf1205 Member

I think I may have installed way too many .pkg files trying to get the backup loaders to work, so I'd like to start from scratch. Also, I just updated from 3.41 CFW, and it kept the same apps and other files, so I think those old files for 3.41 may be causing this problem.
    Can I "format" the PS3, without losing the CFW, but erasing all of the .pkg files and apps that have been installed?

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Remove hdd attach and format via a pc.
    Place hdd in PS3 and have 3.55 pup on usb stick.
    Start ps3 and format.

Before you do the above though, what have you done to get backups working?

After you install kmeaw, you install multiman, but the thing most people now forget is that you also need to install bdemu2.pkg. Note is has to be the second version not the first.
    Then just start multiman and follow it's instructions.

3. DaWolf1205

DaWolf1205 Member

I tried installing lv2patcher and bdemu2. However, when I downloaded bdemu2, there was a readme included, and it listed the few custom firmwares that it supports. 3.55 kmeaw wasn't on the list, so I had a feeling it wasn't going to work. Is there an updated version or something?
    I also tried both Multiman and Rogero Manager. Multiman was on a much older version (v1.x.x) so I installed the latest version I could find online, and then I updated within the app to make sure I got the latest version.

Both Multiman and Rogero Manager did the same thing. They tried to launch the game, the screen went black, and it would either take me back to the PS3 home screen or the whole thing would crash and restart. The games I am trying to launch were on the PS3 before I updated the firmware to 3.55 CFW, but I don't know if that should be causing a problem.

EDIT: Do I really have to take out the hard drive from the PS3 and format it with a computer? Doesn't the PS3 have an option to format the hard drive?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Are you trying to direct boot you use the disc emulation? Most games don't support direct boot.

5. DaWolf1205

DaWolf1205 Member

The problem has been fixed. I erased all the games that were on the internal hard drive, then I transferred some new copies onto it in a different directory. That somehow got it to work.
    Thanks for the replies

6. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Ah right, you did say you used different managers.

Gaia uses GAMEZ whilst multiman and others use GAMES, though I am pretty sure multiman checks both so...

Anyway glad you got it working and congrats on joining the many others and can shove it in $ony's face!