1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to get my Hitachi to read my VIA 6421 Card???? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kblake, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Kblake

Kblake Member

I have the Hitachi drive and the VIA 6421 Card. I have tried everything to get my PC to read my Xbox 360. I am trying to use the Slax method and I do not think the card is being read. I know how to do everything after this, but is there a way to make this combination work. If not what card do I need to flash the Hitachi 46. Thanks

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Plug the Hitachi into the SATA1 port on the 6241. It's the port inside the PC furthest away from the end where you screw it in the slot. Turn on the 360 while it's hooked up to the 6241 and then turn on the PC and let the PC boot SLAX 2.1
    There's modeB and bam, you're in.

3. Kblake

Kblake Member

OMG! I do not know what I am doing wrong. Been working on this for almost 12 hours! When I run the Slax cd all I get is a lot of text, then I get a screen with the A:/ . That is the last thing that comes up. Has anyone seen this problem, can anyone help me with this problem.. PLEASE.. All I want is to get into Mode B..

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You should arrive at a login screen for slax..
    should say Login:>

If while slax is running, you can look at the screen and see that
    -modeb! -thanks to kev in the text

When you see this, hit the reset button on your PC, take out the SLAX CD so it doesn't boot, and boot into windows. YOU MAY have to eject the Hitachi drive to get windows to load.

If you don't see any of the slax info, make sure you download and install the latest driver for the 6241 from http://www.viaarena.com