1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to include all chapters into one VOB?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sadsac, Mar 26, 2005.

1. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I am trying to shrink down some of my baby's movies that she watches onto one disk. I have used DVD shrink in re-author mode to include 3 on one disk. I only included the main movies because she doesn't need the extras in the car.

The problem I'd like to solve is as follows:

I'd like to be able to press the "next" button and go straight to the next movie instead of the next chapter of the current movie. She likes to watch them on her portable dvd player in the car and if she wants to watch the next movie, I have to press "next" 27 times in order to get to it.

I downloaded PGCedit, but it's not very user friendly in terms of figuring out how to do this.

Is there a free program that I can download to do this? I basically want to combine all chapters of a movie into one huge chapter. That way, I can fast forward to the next movie without having to FF through all the chapters.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I don't think you can do it for free, unless you use a Nero trial or some other authoring program.

What I would do is reauthor all the movies with Shrink- that will remove all the chapter points. Then run them through NeroVision Express to join them and add the three new chapter points.

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I ran them through DVD shrink in re-author mode. It left in all the chapter points. Maybe there's a checkbox I overlooked.

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

nero vision express will do it for you, just add the vob's that you want and creat the scene points at the begining of the movies and burn. i tried this to make sure and it works, to keep the scene selections you have to tell it to detect them from the vob and generate them in the project so i know it dosent do it by it self. good luck

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Any of the free proggys do this? I'm sure that pgcedit will do it, but I haven't got the time to learn all about PGCs. That program seems to be pretty hard to figure out unless you've got a few extra hours to fool with it (which I don't have due to the little one tugging on my leg.)

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can just use the <Title> button on your remote to go from one movie to the next.. :) I can't believe you asked this sadsac. :)

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you download the trial of DVD-Lab you can import the VOBs and author a DVD without setting any chapter points.

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

bbmayo,

That's the problem. My cheap assed DVD player doesn't have a title button on it or on the remote. My portable has a title button, but it won't jump to the next title either.