1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There a way to open the tray?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by siegeA, Dec 27, 2004.

1. siegeA

siegeA Member

I bought the Swap Magic discs about 6 months ago. I don't believe I got a slide tool with them. Is there a way to open the tray with out a slide tool? Or a way to make a slide tool? Or do you think I should jst get a flip top?

2. wonder05

wonder05 Member

I have made several of my own slide tools. Its relatively simple. First off, you need a plastic card (laminated cardboard or paper will work once or twice, if you're desparate). An old credit card or ID of some sort will work nicely. Once you have a decent card, you need to cut it in half length-wise. The result should be two long and narrow strips, approx 1" x 3.5". Then, you need to round one of the ends with a scissors. Finally, cut a notch about 1/2" deep at about a 60 degree angle on the same side as the rounded side you just cut.

I'm sure thats a little confusing, so I will make a few diagrams to explain it better.

3. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

Try Using a butterknife. That might do it.

4. wonder05

wonder05 Member

here is a mini guide:
    [​IMG]

edit: I forgot one step. wait for update...
    edit 2: fixed.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  5. siegeA

siegeA Member

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks alot. I just took the top off for right now, to see if my back-ups worked ok (first ones I've ever made). MGS3 worked, but my Nocturine didn't. But I found what i needed. I will try to make a slide tool using your instructions, and while i have the top off, i am going to try to make a flip-top out of my regular top. Thanks for your help.

6. rcade

rcade Guest

You can also open your ps2 and take the lid of the top of the Disc tray so you can have like a flip top sort of thing.