1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way toget interneton your psp without an acess point?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Edge619, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Edge619

Edge619 Member

hey i extremly want to know if theres a way to get internet without an access point or not having to buy accessories?(if it involves a usb cord its fine i can connest my PSP to the computer already)

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

No you must use a wireless connection from a wi-fi internet device or a router.

3. Edge619

Edge619 Member

what is a router?

4. Edge619

Edge619 Member

and if i don't have a router for the access point what does it mean by hotspot does it acually mean a spot that is hot or what is it?

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

A router is a device you plug your modem into for wireless internet. It can be used to have multiple internet connections. A PSP can detect most routers or wireless connections.

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

A wireless hotspot is basically a place in a community that offers free wireless internet service to people who come there. But if you use it too much you can be fined. Really its just a place for internet access when your away from home or work and need to send an email or something.

BTW i laughed at your question when you asked "does it actually mean a spot that is hot or what is it?" lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007