1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an advantage to burning PS2 games w/a DVD burner?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by n_j_t83, Nov 13, 2002.

1. n_j_t83

n_j_t83 Guest

I have read many articles about burning PS2 games with regular cd-burners, and using certain software and techniques to play them with out a mod-chip. Here is one of the links I have found talking about that method:

http://www.totse.com/en/hack/software_cracking/163084.html

But anyway, for my question. If you don't need a dvd-burner to burn PS2 games why would you get one? Is there advantages to burning ps2 games with a dvd-burner??? I would see an advantage where if you used a dvd-burner to burn the game and then wouldn't need to use a mod chip or a certain method, but I have not been able to find any info about that.

2. ::ness::

::ness:: Guest

you would'nt need to patch up the game and delete those pretty ps2 video files.

3. waco

waco Member

though i believe you would need a modchip anyways...

waco

4. Cybermad

Cybermad Guest

Yes you would still need a mod chip as the ps2 checks for media type as one of its forms of protection.ie CDR DVDR.
    Immeadiate benfit is (No patching and game will be complete) ie.(All sounds and movies intact,No downsampling).

5. archieq

archieq Guest

yes, there is definitely a big advantage if what you're backing up is a DVD based PS2 game. if you copy it to DVD-R or +R(depending on your PS2 version), you will have everything that the original game has but you need a mod chip to boot and play the copy. If you rip a DVD based game to burn to CD, you'll have to strip a lot of extras out and so you won't have it as good. Tough, but you really need a DVD burner and DVDR media to backup PS2 DVD games.

6. DJ_Fear

DJ_Fear Guest

Hey n_j_t83 I went to that site and it said I needed a bunch of things but can you please tell me what a: Fire Burner, PS2 Patch and a CDRWIN is?

Thank you

P.S. I'm new to this stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2003