1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an alternative to TMPGEnc ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by saul45, Dec 1, 2004.

1. saul45

saul45 Member

Hi!

Is there a different program apart from TMPEnc that can create an mpeg2 file from a DVD? I use TMPEnc just to get the mpeg2 files but sometimes it cant seem to read the discs in my drive. I find now that its also always good to have more than one program for a certain job.

Thanks in advance!

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You again? Glad to learn that you've come to the same conclusion as myself. Actually I always have 2 or more programs for doing the same job. *_*
    Re. converting DVD into mpeg files, there are quite a few programs that can do the work. I have Image Mixer, YASA video converter, and of course TMPEnc. The good thing about TMPEnc is of course that it is free. So you really have to weight things for your decisions.

3. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Some other programs for video editing would be winavi converter or canopus pro coder D.I.K.O is also good in my opinion but then again none of these are free.
    saul45 i noticed that u posted u use tmpgenc to get an mpg2 file from a dvd. have u ever tried to rip the dvd disc then frame serve with dvd2avi and then encode the resulting d2v file and audio file with tmpgenc to mpeg2 (SVCD) hope this helps ya out.

4. saul45

saul45 Member

Thanks for your advice. I'll give those programs a wurl!

5. braemar

braemar Member

been using honestech MPEG Encoder 5.0 with good results simple to use and has many functions