1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an eaiser and cheaper way?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ElCapyton, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ElCapyton

ElCapyton Member

Ok so I downloaded madden NFL 07 just to try to see if it would work. Of course it says "Please insert Ps2 format disk". I understand there are many ways of doin this. A mod chip by it self would work correct? Swap magic seems it would be the best but i dont have money at the time being. Is there a easy way to do this that doesnt cost a bit. Like a cracked Swap magic I can download somewhere

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

no a burned swap magic would have to be loaded by...a real swap magic/modchip. its only 30 bucks, version 3.6 is $20

we don't need to know u downloaded a game either

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  3. ElCapyton

ElCapyton Member

Ok thanks. If i were to install a mod chip it should run correct. Or do I need swap magic

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

yes. either get a modchip, or buy swap magic

5. steimy

steimy Active member

mod chip is more expensive, but an all around better option. Especially if you do some research and get a good one and not just the cheapest thing you can find.
    Crystal Chip V2.0, Matrix Infinity and DMS4 are about the best
    They have a lot of features.
    The best "cheap" option is a Duo 3 chip, which would be great if all you want to do is play back up games. It is about $20

and if you have GOOD soldering skills you can install it yourself.
    If not pay a pro to do it.

And a side note, depending on which version PS2 you have. Make sure the modchip is compatible with that version. Also Swap Magic alone will not play back ups. You will need one other mod as well. Most good online stores sell Swap Magic in packages with either a fliptop case (old fat PS2) or a set of magic keys (new slimline)