1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there an external dvd drive that can read wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jessrabit, Sep 2, 2007.

1. jessrabit

jessrabit Member

I am new to this. I have a modded wii.. with a wiikey.. i want to back up my games.. i got a LG GDR-H30NK, because i read somewhere it would work with reading wii games.. is this true?? if not .. is there an external dvd drive that will read themm..

I really appreciate all the advise..

thanks a million.

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Just try it it wont harm anything and external drive is any drive that is internal all an extranel drive is is a normal drive put in a case with a usb conection which on the inside plugs into the IDE or SATA and on the other side is a USB plug.

3. LBSurvivr

LBSurvivr Member

Hey I use the LG-8164b and so far it works fine but I still have to get my Wii back from the installer and see how it works. But it makes backup games great, and since I have a laptop I couldn't install the drive so I just got an external enclosure (like dazila mentioned), put in the drive which is really easy to install and I just attach it to my laptop with a USB cable and plug it in/turn it out, and it's ready to use! Then you just have to download the special programs which you are supposed to use in order to burn back-ups from the tutorial (Rawdump) and I used Nero Burning Rom to actually make the back-up DVD. Good luck!

4. jessrabit

jessrabit Member

thanks alot .. im going to try it.