1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any danger to my Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Gekkou, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Gekkou

    Gekkou Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2004
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    is ther any danger to my Xbox if I put in a CD I burn or Connect my pc to my xbox(Will it get a virus. are there any risk to my Xbox if I Copy files from my computer to my Xbox.

    I would like to connect my PC to my Xbox so I can install games directly to the HD but I afraid something might happen.
     
  2. Quadratic

    Quadratic Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Nothing is going to happen dude. Just run a antivirus if you're so scary.
     
  3. Gekkou

    Gekkou Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2004
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    but what if I use a boot CD, after the first time I use the Xbox Boot disc will it always boot up like that or only when I have the disc in the XB-CD-ROM Drive

    To Everyone: Has anything Ever Happen to anyone with there Xbox, plz tell me your stories, if any.
     
  4. SFisher21

    SFisher21 Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2004
    Messages:
    144
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    i wouldn't be worried. i have not heard of this happening to anyone.
     
  5. Gekkou

    Gekkou Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2004
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
  6. punqewe

    punqewe Active member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2003
    Messages:
    1,406
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    You got about as much of a chance of getting a virus on an xbox as you would in a linux or apple machine.
     
  7. sjchu

    sjchu Regular member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2004
    Messages:
    201
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    The easiest way to get infected by a virus is from online gaming... so be careful... If you don't go online gaming, there is very little chance of getting infected. Also, do not download any software from any internet site. This will prevent you from getting infected as well..
     
  8. shdwsfall

    shdwsfall Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2004
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    dont listen to sjchu. He is full of poo. You can play online and not get a virus. Also I would say 99% of the time you download software for your xbox off a site it is just fine. The other 1% of the time it may cause some unwanted thing to happen to your xbox, but the developers who made that program certainly did not intend for it to mess anything up. But to answer your question simply: no you will not get a virus on your xbox. If you do, then tell me and I will pay you (in cash) for a brand new xbox...how is that for a garuntee?!
     
  9. Gekkou

    Gekkou Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2004
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Thx Y'all B-)
     
  10. Quadratic

    Quadratic Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Sounds good to me :)

    BTW, just to let you know, a trojan got caught in my xbox. It makes evox twirl around. Can you send me $150 to buy a new one? We can do this via paypal.

    Hehe
     

Share This Page