1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any DVD Writer with Digital video IN/OUT ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by panmahi, Aug 21, 2004.

1. panmahi

panmahi Guest

Is there any DVD writer with digital video input/output ?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

No there are not. You need to either get a video card with this feature or get a stand alone DVD recorder.

3. panmahi

panmahi Guest

Thanks for response. What are the DVD recorders which have Digital video IN/OUT feature ? I want to connect the DV out of DV camcorder to the DVD recorder and make DVD/SVCD/DivX. Is it possible ?

Panmahi

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Check and see if your camera has a firewire connection. The normal way to do DV is to connect your camera via a firewire cable to your PC and then use a capture program to get the DV on to your hard drive so you can edit and author it. That firewire port is also called an IEE 1394. If your PC does not have a firewire port then you will need to get a card for it. A lot cheaper than buying a recorder.

5. panmahi

panmahi Guest

I don't have a dvd writer. So, instead of buying a writer, I thought of buying a recorder so that I can make videos from other sources too. Hope writers too not so cheap either. Could you tell me whether I can connect the DV out (IEE1394)of the camara to the recorder and capture video. Most of the devices I have seen only digital audio out, not video in/out.
    How do you compare the DVD recorder Vs writer ?
    Also I want to know whether I can make svcd and DivX CDs in DVD recorder.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004