1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there any mpg noise reduction prog which will not convert mpg file into xxx?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by harky, Jan 17, 2004.

1. harky

harky Member

is there any mpg noise reduction prog which will not convert mpg file into xxx?

I got a mpg file becos my file got some noise so i want to remove it.. is there anyway to do it??

and is there any prog to resize mpg file?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

When working with Mpeg files any time you want to change the Video properties Like Clean up Noise or add filters or resize or change the frame rate ECT you Have to re-encode the file when you render it which Greatly reduces the Quality, That is on of the reasons why Mpeg is a Crappy Format if you have to do any editing or resizeing or Clean up of Noise...But to your Question Yes there are Lots of Programs than can add a Noise Filter to try to clean up any Noise and they can resize the resolution also, something as simple as "Tmpgenc" can do this....

3. harky

harky Member

i try Tmpgenc but it take a long time like 17hr =/
    so......

hmm is there any other way to do that ? i dont mind to convert into other format as long the graphic is gd & noise is remove

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Instead of Useing the Tmpgenc Filters while encodeing again which will take a really long time you can use the Filters in Virtual-Dub and Frameserve the File to Tmpgenc to encode which should be a Lot faster...If you had a high end Video editing Program Like Vegas 4 or Premier you could use one of them to clean up the Image or if you knew how to use AVISynth cuz it has some of the best Filters for cleaning up video out there but it is not very easy to figure out cuz it"s Functions are written useing a form of code....Good luck

5. harky

harky Member

thn is there anyway to convert into other format as long the graphic is gd & noise is remove

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Didn"t you read what i posted????????? It explained different programs and ways you can clean up the Picture!!!!!