1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to bring my GTA: San Andreas saved game back from the dead, or has anyone had a problem similar to mine? Please help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sharp1329, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Sharp1329

Sharp1329 Member

Hey everyone, I am quite pissed. Today I was playing San Andreas had just beaten one of the last missions to the storyline. I had beaten half of a mission and failed to beat the other half. I, however, saved in between because I noticed I didnt have to redo the first half of the mission so I decided to save,...a very unfortunate decision on my behalf. Later, about 5 or 10 minutes, I decided to load my game from before and thats when it happened...the game wouldnt load and I was probably around 3o-35 hours in. Please If anyone has had this problem please respond, and if anyone has any ideas, I'm quite open to anything at this point, because its looking like I have to either borrow a friend's memory card and load my game there, or restart from the beginnning.
    I thank all who respond to my message board.
    -Sharp-

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Moved.

3. jiacbass

jiacbass Member

Are you using HD Advanced, cause i have my GTA:SA backup copy on my hardrive and i passed the last mission "end of the line" and saved after the credit , now when i load the the game save its says "load failed restarting game and goes to the beginning of the game, luckily i saved right before the last mission and that save works fine, i haven't ttied to load it with the gta disk cause my friend has it right now, but it may be because its on the hardrive

4. Sharp1329

Sharp1329 Member

Hey, actually I don't have HD Advanced, and me being lazy and stupid, I did not make a second save which I should have, so at this point I have to start from the verrrry beginning. My friend however did mention that memory cards do sometimes 'burn out' but if you had the same problem as I did, then it probably is an error on Rockstar North's part.

5. birchip

birchip Member

I have the exact same problem, could it be becuase i have used some cheats over the course of the game. Or has the memory card burnt out. Have you been able to rectify this problem yet?

6. Sharp1329

Sharp1329 Member

I didn't use cheats once, but i got pissed at the game and i've been a bit busy, so i haven't tried rectifying the problem yet.

7. greg7589

greg7589 Member

hey
    i have the exact same problem and i am also very pissed off. i've been surfing the web to try and find a solution and cant find one. i dont know what to do. if any has an answer please tell me!
    thanks!

8. GameguySD

GameguySD Guest

I tried sending a save for GTA SA that I got from gamefaqs.com. Ive used a sharkport using both the sharkport disc and the gameshake 2 v2 disc( at least i think it was v2). When I load in the game it shows up as "CORRUPT SAVE". Any ideas on how to fix it?

The save I used was the NA version posted by pip07 on 11/02/04. I also tried downloading the MAX save and converting it to SPS but that came out corrupt too.

9. teh_chin

teh_chin Guest

I've got the same problem as well. Second time around this has happened to me. 91% complete and it will not load. I made sure not to override my last same until I had used up all of the slots. I'm going to go pick up a new memory card (as I've had this one since I got my PS2 when it first came out) so hopefully it will fix it.

10. kroqjroq

kroqjroq Member

GameguySD, that is exactly wut i did and i have the same problem...can anyone help us??