1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to change back the default settings of the Matrix Infinity Mod chip for the ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fido08, Mar 29, 2007.

1. fido08

fido08 Member

hey guys i have a PS2 , that is modded with a matrix infinity v1.88 modchip. When the game was loading i pressed triangle+circle which went to the chip option screen and i changed a setting to VGA and now the game is stuck on a blue screen, and i cant get back to the option screen.....what could i do to change back to the default settings, plzzzzzzz help me

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you could flash the chip again so the settings go back to default. BUt only do this if you are 100% sure that you have a REAL Matrix Infinity chip, and not a clone chip like the Modbo which runs on the same firmware.

http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=chip_infinity

you should really not switch video settings when you do not know what your doing, if you switch to a signal that your PS2 doesn't have then the screen will go blue or black and you can not see the settings to change it back. A PS2 doesn't even have a VGA connection available, only composite and component.

3. fatfatso

fatfatso Guest

If it's a Modbo chip, you are out of luck! YOu already changed the video seeting to Pal or something; 50hz and we use 60hz in america.

Now, one time I was able to change it back because I guess at the config screen again. Everything went blinky blinky because of the out of phase hertz differential setting. So, I changed it back by sheer luck!

Like Steimy said, Do not flash anything if you have a MODbo chip.

Good luck.

4. fido08

fido08 Member

hey guys thatnks a lot, i changed it back by sheer luck even now i dont know wat i did, so baes on wat fatfatso said im gonna guess its an official matrix chip in the PS2.

Hey guys i downloaded the v1.93 firmware and copied the cue file to a cdr as they matrix site said, inserted it in my PS2 and press reset and the upgrade screen appeared saying press start to continue, but when i press start nothing happens, wat could be the problem (controller is in great condition)

5. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure, but i do know that you better make 100% sure it is a REAL matrix Infinity or you fry the chip by flashing it. A Modbo would act exactly the same as a MI chip because it runs on old MI firmware.