1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any way to extract a drive key from a dead "logic board" from a samsung/toshiba ms25 xbox360 drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by doowop72, Feb 20, 2013.

1. doowop72

doowop72 Member

The board will not power up. Already tried swapping the logic board into another same model drive that works with no avail. This board is dead and the xbox is fine. Boots up and everything. I heard of a way where it can be retrieved from a chip from the board. maybe? hate to see this go to waste due to this. Thanks

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

have you hooked it up and tried to read it in JF?

3. doowop72

doowop72 Member

Yes, Jungleflasher shows no drive detected. It is dead. No sound of activity. Connected a good replacement drive and JF detects it. Unfortunately, I am not proficient in circut board tracing to bypass to get power. A shame that a simple key is all i need. Maybe a reliable service site that has an expertise in this?

4. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

This is way late, very sorry, but if you're still looking for an answer the best option would be to RGH or JTAG the motherboard to retrieve the key. RGH if your dashboard is newer...there are many ways to do this these days...lots of info posted on the forum as well as in other places across the web.