1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there any way to.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mikke1556, Dec 25, 2004.

1. mikke1556

mikke1556 Member

hi i just got a dvd burner for xmas! yay! but ive been having trouble all morning. i got anime files on my computer and i want to make a dvd to watch on my dvd player. all the data is worth about just under 4 gb. i want to put it all in one disk though or somethin like season 1 kinda thing. like television box sets. how do i do this? it doesnt have to be really good dvd stuff it can be like a vcd if it has to as long as i can watch it on tv. i notice that it can only hold about 120 min of film. thats weird considered tv box sets have much more then those. im super newbie btw. can anyone help at all. it would be a christmas miracle =)

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to have a read up mate , but welcome to the DVD burning fold :)

The basic jist of it is... you'll need to encode the certain anime files into an MPEG-2 format [w/ DVD compliant aspects such as audio & screen resolution]

A file that starts out as 700+ mb file can encode to be 2+ gb btw so bear that in mind & dont be asking the ol' newbie question of why that is *wink*

I'll leave you to coontemplate the fundamentals first , but feel free to ask any questions that may arise on a specific matter.