1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there such a thing as software that can burn a movie in 5 minutes or so?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ilustremx, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ilustremx

ilustremx Guest

Hello guys, I wanted to know if there's a program that can burn a dvd in like 5 min.? I'm new to burning dvd's and that's what I heard from a friend, that there's software such as Clonedvd that'll burn a dvd in about 5 minutes. So far I've burned movies with Nero but it takes like 30 to 45 minutes to burn the whole movie. So when I heard of this Clonedvd I was very excited and I wondered if that were true. Do any of you know if it's true, or if there's any software that'll burn a movie that quick of pretty close to it? My friend also said that with Clonedvd you didn't even have to download the whole movie to the HDD once it's been decrypted, that you could burn the decrypted movie from the dvd burner straight to a blank dvd-r without downloading it to the drive again. Is that also true? Thank you all for your help.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Someome may have been "pulling your leg". CloneDVD2 writes to a temp folder on the HD, then burns to DVD.

Takes a bit longer that 5 minutes.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

just burning ... 5 min is a bit fast. What speed is he burning the discs at?

As far as CloneDVD2, the whole process from start to finish is around 30 min (full movie). Try it, you can use the full versions free for 21 days.

4. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

There are a lot of factors that affect the speed of any encoder/transcoder. How much ram you have, type and speed of processor, if your IDE channels are in DMA mode or not, type of burner, etc. CloneDVD is fast, but under 5 minutes?! That sounds a bit far-fetched....Burning a dvd in 5 minutes (if that was remotely possible) would definitely result in errors during playback. you would most likely see skipping while playback, pixelation, freezing, and quality might be the most affected one.

If the movie was like 1 gb or less, then maybe you can achieve that sort of speed. But nowadays, most movies are dvd-9s ~ dual layered = 8.5 gb or less...

Your friend probably had a small movie file that didn't need any compression...

5. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

20 min to copy a DVD, 40 min to compress a DVD 9 to a DVD 5, 3 hours to re encode (.avi to DVD) Thats what it takes me.

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

That's a little longer than 5 minutes....;-)

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i use DVD X Copy and its probably the fastest program out there.i can copy a movie in about 23 mintues.with 8X blank media and with a fast reader but i have a very nice pc also