1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Such An Animal?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by likekinds, Jul 25, 2011.

1. likekinds

likekinds Member

I have spent the last two days downloading and trying various software. None will do what I want.

I want a free and simple software that will copy a video that is on a DVD disc in drive E, and burn it to a blank DVD disc in drive F.

I want the burned disc to be playable on other DVD players.

The closest I've come is CDBurnerXP. The software is simple and easy to use. I really like it, but the burned DVDs will not play on other DVD players, just my computer.

I had such a software at one time. It was Nero StartSmart. I lost the executable. Now, in order to get StartSmart; I have to download the entire Nero 7 Premium file.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a free simple software that will copy a DVD disc to a blank DVD disc that will be playable on other players?

Thank you.

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Try DvdFab

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I used to use the DVD-r but switched to the DVD+r because some of them wouldn't play on my DVD player.There are a lot of DVD players that won't play burned DVD's,it depends on the manufacturer.

4. megkid

megkid Member

have you tried DVDStyler -

its free, and i think it will do what you want.

5. likekinds

likekinds Member

I appreciate all the above answers, but they aren't what I'm looking for. I want a free software that will burn an exact ( or as near as possible) 1:1 copy of the original. I do not want to do any editing. I do not want to add backgrounds or subtitles. I do not want to make any changes. I do not want to have to select frame rates, bit rates, aspect ratios, etc.. I repeat: All I'm looking for, is a free software that will copy a DVD video disc and burn that copied file 1:1 to a blank disc.

What I want is very simple. Can anyone help me?

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

DVDFab

Link is in My Siggy.

7. likekinds

likekinds Member

I asked if anyone could help me find a FREE software that would copy DVDs 1:1. I checked out 'DVDFab DVD Copy'. It costs $50.00. That is NOT free.

I found Freemake. It will do what I want and it is free. The copied DVD looks great and will play on my CD/DVD player.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

8. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

You Don't Have to Buy It