1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a common problem with the ilo DVD recorder Standard

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by 80sMusic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

Hey,
    Is it common to have bad DVDr+ discs. I had used 50 Sony DVD+r's with only one bad one. Now I bought 100 more and have had 3 bad ones so far. Im trying to decide if its the recorder or if its common to just get bad Discs. I had been using Maxell and never had any problems. Id say I probably used a total of 80 of them. Ive went back to Maxell temperly to see if this helps?
    Anyone out there with any info?
    Thanks!!!!!!!

2. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

More info: I took a look at the bad ones and compared them to the ones that recorded ok. When these start recording there is a continuous line that starts and center and works its way out. I noticed on the bad ones that they started recording and then you can see were the color changed back and then it resumes recording. Kinda like a space formed for a second. Could these be bad spots on the sonys that cuase the recorder to jump a few minutes cuasing a empty spot that doesnt get reorded on?

3. BobTammik

BobTammik Member

Hi

I have been using TDK DVD+R and RW in my Philips with no problems.
    Then bought some cheap no name brand and none of them record - they start to then stop at around 60 seconds. I have tried Verbatim and they copy fine. My conclusion - my machine is fine, the problem is the media.