1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a hardware problem?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1twister2, Aug 16, 2004.

1. 1twister2

1twister2 Member

When I try to back-up a movie on DVD X Copy Platinum and it gets to the stage to read the DVD I get error messages-cannot write archive txt and unable create VOB. Is this a hardware problem or missing files or what? It has worked properly many times in the past.My DVD player will play a movie on my pc fine but not dvd x copy will not write a movie.I have also re-installed DVD X Copy twice and that doesn't help the problem. Could my dvd drive be bad?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Try this :
    Create a folder on the desktop and call it Movies.
    Now tell Plat to use that file to save the temp files to it.

3. BigRed1

BigRed1 Member

Don't know if this is even remotely related to your specific issue, but it wouldn't hurt to defrag your hard drive after every 3-5 burns. My DVDXCopy Platinum stopped, after working fine, and I found out that it was a fragmented hard drive. The hard drive becomes very fragmented when writing and removing large files occurs.

4. 1twister2

1twister2 Member

I defrag on a very regular basis and I have a seperate file setup on my desk top. I had a computer repair guy look at my computer and said the dvd buner drive needed to be replaced. I am trying to figure out if it is a software problem before I replace the hardware. Would a hardware problem create these errors

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I would try to copy and burn a movie with another program to see if it has anything to do with DVDX copy. Available at this site for free--ie. DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor--see if it will burn using Decryptor, or Record Now, or whatever burning software you have--if not, maybe someone else in this forum can help--But, I would try that -Good Luck

6. tdyer

tdyer Member

yeah. lately my drive wont burn good copies. i play them in my player and i get pixelation, and freezing. windows say i dont need to defrag, but jesus this is pissing me off. im burning on a two month old install of windows and i bought my nec nd1300 (fw v1.0b) at christmas.

lately it seems nothing will burn.

7. 1twister2

1twister2 Member

Problem solved. Took alittle of everyone heres advise and got the stupid thing to work. Guess its not a hardware problem. Yep burning is a pain in the #**@.Thanks for your advice. And alot cheaper than what I paid the computer tech to come out to my house!!