1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a problem or is it just the firmware settings?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bailey07, Mar 26, 2007.

1. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

My xbox 360 is modded to a firmware which i am not sure of because i payed someone to flash it for me.Now: when i turn my console on and try to boot an original disc it will not boot it just takes ages for it to load but never does actually load.So then i eject the original disc and insert a backup... boots fine then i eject the backup insert the original and it plays no problem is this a fault or just my firmware settings?

Thanks

2. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

which firmware are you using?

3. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

as i put in my first post i am not sure

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Well first you need to find out which 360 drive your using, which is easily figured out just by ejecting your DVD tray and comparing them with this tutorial> http://sickmods.net/shared-directories/deakphreak/firmware-flash/

If you have the Samsung DVD-ROM drive it may be flashed with Xtreme 5.2a,b,c, or d. Which may explain why your experiencing that problem. It may be reading your media at slower speeds and doesn't like it or vice versa, depends if the media your using is cheap or not cheap. You really need to give people more information next time if you expect someone to give you a solution, we just can't mysteriously guess a remedy to your problem without additional important info.

5. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Fgamer wrote

If you have the Samsung DVD-ROM drive it may be flashed with Xtreme 5.2a,b,c, or d. Which may explain why your experiencing that problem. It may be reading your media at slower speeds and doesn't like it or vice versa, depends if the media your using is cheap or not cheap. You really need to give people more information next time if you expect someone to give you a solution, we just can't mysteriously guess a remedy to your problem without additional important info.

dude, he's trying to play an original.

there is no reason why your console would not boot an original disk no matter what it was flashed with. You shouldnt have to play a back up first.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  6. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Don't add you opinion if you have no experience in this area and don't know what your talking about. Anyways I realize he's trying to play an original and it doesn't matter, when something like firmware is changed it makes the DVD-ROM drive respond some what differently which is why the latest Xtreme firmware has 4 different modes it can operate in Example: 5.2a, 5.2b, 5.2c, and 5.2d. These different modes spin the disk faster and spin the disk slower depending on what mode your using, so that may explain why he's having those issues (he may need to try another mode on his firmware), so keep your comments to yourself if you have no clue to what your talking about....I advise you to read his first post again and OPEN your eyes!

7. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

please dont try to explain to me about firmware as i've been doing this since the first mods came out. i know all about the different read speeds but IF YOU READ the first post again he asks why he has to boot a back up first before an original! No firmware will make him do that!! So don't tell me i do not know what I am doing dude,you do not know me.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

please dont try to explain to me about firmware as i've been doing this since the first mods came out. i know all about the different read speeds but IF YOU READ the first post again he asks why he has to boot a back up first before an original! No firmware will make him do that!! So don't tell me i do not know what I am doing dude,you do not know me.[/quote]

Well I've been doing this since the first Xbox hard and soft modding so "you don't know me", face the fact that you don't know what your talking about. The reason why I know what I'm talking about is because I've already experienced the same/similar with my Samsung MS25 drive which was basically doing the same thing, it refused to boot originals and backups when using 5.2b and 5.2d so from my OWN experience it may be the firmware depending on which version he has on the drive. So how would you know if the firmware isn't causing the problem? That's because you don't know so keep your useless comments to yourself. As you can see he says he can't play originals unless he places a copy in first, that looks like he using Xtreme 5.2a,b,c or d. The problem he may be having is similar to the "Open Tray" error. So don't post your retarded non-helpfull idiotic comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  9. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

just earlier i used my xbox 360 console with an original copy of gears of war...turned it on booted no prob...strange huh. and by the way im pretty sure my drive is set to spin fast all the time.i think i also know what you mean with the tray problem where the console gets confused whats actually happening with the tray its only happened to me once though.

10. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Well I've been doing this since the first Xbox hard and soft modding so "you don't know me", face the fact that you don't know what your talking about. The reason why I know what I'm talking about is because I've already experienced the same/similar with my Samsung MS25 drive which was basically doing the same thing, it refused to boot originals and backups when using 5.2b and 5.2d so from my OWN experience it may be the firmware depending on which version he has on the drive. So how would you know if the firmware isn't causing the problem? That's because you don't know so keep your useless comments to yourself. As you can see he says he can't play originals unless he places a copy in first, that looks like he using Xtreme 5.2a,b,c or d. The problem he may be having is similar to the "Open Tray" error. So don't post your retarded non-helpfull idiotic comments.[/quote]

Your a pr1ck mate. not even gonna entertain you, i'll let you get back to your homework.

@ Bailey
    Sorry dude, due to this retard i will no longer be checking this thread to try to help you.

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

u two retards arguing are n00bs getting a hissy fit over someone elses problem. atleast thank god the other guy decided to leave the other guy alone and ignore the thread.

and bailey the best solution is to reflash. i had some problems just like yours and mixed with noise problems. i reflashed between a and b like two times and finally the last b flash worked and it was silent and reads both original and backups no problem!

edit: damn u filled this page with words. you must be scholars by now. lol rofl

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

fgamer, dont try to be the know-it-all, changing the firmware wont effect the way a game is played if its an original, you can take your attitude elsewhere if thats how you want to be

@bailey, maybe the disc is messed up or flawed or something, i doubt its the firmware thats causing it, but it may be

13. handsom

handsom Regular member

@mikeismad

Thanks, I read the first few bits of bickering, and realized that fgamer hadn't actually read what he's responding to, and therefore really had no idea what he was talking about.... lol.

Personally, a *PROPERLY WORKING* flashed drive won't require anything unusual to boot an original disc... I've honestly never heard of errors that screw this function up... But that's not to say it couldn't be the cause. I'm gonn go with Madmike, and lean more towards a damaged disc; because those things are so very tempermentle...

14. fgamer

fgamer Guest

As I stated before you all clearly have a case of mental instability. He asked for help and I offered personal factual advice, that is what you do here right? Then shinster started responding with negative feedback. If it's not the firmware then why do some people need to reflash with different versions to get their 360 to read certain disk weather it be original or backup. As I stated before I had a similar problem with my 360 not reading originals and backups until I flashed with 5.2c then it started reading which explains why I offered that POSSIBLE solution to bailey07. So stop overreacting to my post/helpfull solutions. Keep in mind that these forums are for help and some people may offer different solutions, so you guys need to stop trying to make a rebuttal because you lack any knowledge in this area.

[Edited: Typos]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  15. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

its not a really big problem just really wanna know wats up with it
    i had to do the same trick again today too. backups boot perfect from a startup but originals dont i personaly dont feel like i want to pay for the drive re-flashing again but soon i will be playing all backups so im not too bothered about my "original" situation.But i am also experiencing the tray problem now.

16. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

If you're facing 'open tray' errors, your drive is probably flashed with an older firmware.

I had loads of open tray errors before flashing to 5.2, I never get open tray errors now.

17. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

yea ny problem is i pated someone to flash mine so im stuck with this...at least it works tho.

18. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

bailey PM me, ill help you out.

19. handsom

handsom Regular member

@fgamer

Here is the problem, in small, simple words, to make it easy:

He has made it abundantly clear that he is not having difficulties with burned media. He is having troubles using ORIGINAL DISCS, not copied ones. Then you responded by asking what kind of media he burned them on. This is after he made it CLEAR that they were not burned discs.

You missed that right from the beginning. Then, when someone called you on it, rather than acknowledging it; you went off on some sort of trip about it, and had a mini flame-war. That's quite the opposite of helpful.

Mikeismad, and myself, actually offered helpful suggestions in our first posts on this thread. We actually paid attention to the entire question, instead of asking him questions like "What kind of media did you burn your non-burned discs on?"

You and shinnster really got into it; and as much as I hate to take any side when something gets ugly like that... Shinnster was clearly in the right, and if you had really read the entire question originally posted, you would have concluded right away that an original disc is not burned on any media, so it is a completely irrelevant and unanswerable question.

That is why shinnster said what he did, that is why mikeismad and myself have politely stated that your answer was irrelevant.

And quite frankly, I don't care who's been doing what for how long - There are people with mental defects who have been working as network IT guys for major corporations for decades, and it doesn't really mean they're any smarter or better when it comes down to it. So, let's keep 'experience' out of this.