1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a suitable burner for backing up Xbox 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schweet, Jun 17, 2007.

1. schweet

schweet Guest

Hey

I'm aware that the best burner is apparently the Pioneer 111d for backing up 360 games but my local computer store can't get them anymore.

They do however have what the guy said was the next version up of it which was a Pioneer 112d 18x speed.

Would that be suitable for backing up 360 games?

He also said there were two different types of it, I can't remember what he said they were but it was something like 'adapee' and something else, do you know what he's talking about and which one is the best version?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007
  2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Its the same thing just a newer version, go for it

3. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i have this burner and its working perfectly for me.

4. schweet

schweet Guest

Awesome, thanks for your replies.

He said there was two different versions of it though, do you guys know what he's talking about and if so, which one would be the best?

I think it was IDE and Sata.

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Does your computer support IDE or Sata?

6. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

Can someone tell me why the Pioneer 111d is recommended ? I have a Samsung and an LG burner and my backups are fine.

7. schweet

schweet Guest

thegrunt:

I'm not sure about the IDE, but I assume it supports sata as I recently had a 240GB HD installed and it's a sata.

I have two HDs but I'm not sure what type the other one is. It's the one that came originally with the comp, and my PC is a Dell Dimension 4600. I'll google my PC and see if I can get an answer on what type of HD it came with.

Edit: By the looks of this site http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-dimension-4600-pentium/4507-3118_7-30529709.html?tag=sub

it appears that my original HD is IDE, so I assume my PC supports both IDE and Sata.

But would that mean if I get an IDE burner I can only burn from the IDE HD, and if I get a Sata I can only burn from my Sata HD?

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Nevermind, got the drive installed and works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2007