1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this burn speed going to work...?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kylebaker, Feb 18, 2004.

1. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

i have a NEC 1100A (burns to DVD-R's) and i have a fliptop cover and swap magic 3.0 on the way, i ordered from ps2cover.com and i have been reading these forums and learning what i have to do to back up my games and stuff. I have nero, alcohol 120%, and dvd decrypter so i'm ready to start brning with that mch of it, but i thought that if i burnt my games slowly they would have the best results and when i did some research i found i was right bt i also fond that some people were having problems with their backups that coldn't burn at 1x. I checked my burners burn speed and it only allows me to burn at 2x i think (i cannot tell, it says i think 2, 4x or 2.4x i'm not sure, but any ways lets say it is 2 or 4 x) if it is 2x then will my games still work, do they only mess up and skip on tracks and have glitches from some computers or from all? please hep me out. cause i'm not sure if it is even worth burning them or not, is 2x ok to burn? thanks in advanced!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

a good way to check is just put in an empty dvd-r and try to set the speeds... and it will show the speeds it can burn.... you can do that with nero just try to burn something and look in the drop box what speed it can do... 2.4x apply to dvd+r and not dvd-r... btw for the test use a multi speed dvd-r the one that says 1x-4x...

dvd-r is 1x 2x and 4x
    dvd+r is 2.4x 4x
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]my love has left me... im all alone again... without you my love... i would just die :([/small]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  3. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

hey, i already know that it won't burn at 1x in NERO, but i was asking if anyone knew if the games still worked ok on the ps2 after burning at like 2x? Please help, thanx!

4. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

hey, i already know that it won't burn at 1x in Nero, but i was asking if anyone knew if the games still worked ok on the ps2 after burning at like 2x? Please help, thanx!

5. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Kyle, i've got same burner, it ONLY burns to +r media, so the burn speed will be either 2.4 or 4.

Dene

6. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

oh, thanks, i was confused, for some reason i started thinking it used dvd-r's but i knew it was dvd+r's cause all the trouble i went through to take them back and swap.

but i have one more unanswered question... "If i burn at 2.4x will the ps2 backups still work fine on my ps2?"

thanks guys!

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it will work... make sure the ps2 reads dvd+r... any version higher than scph-3000x reads +r...

8. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

oh, thanks, i was confused, for some reason i started thinking it used dvd-r's but i knew it was dvd+r's cause all the trouble i went through to take them back and swap.

but i have one more unanswered question... "If i burn at 2.4x will the ps2 backups still work fine on my ps2?"

thanks guys!

9. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

i have a version 10 (99% sure it's a v10 cause the scph-50001 and the date from what i've read is 3D on the v10's, and mine has the 3D)

so it should all work right? i have ordered my fliptop cover from http://www.ps2cover.com/ and that stupid place is taking forever to ship it, it's been 3 weeks now.

it said that you have to make minor modifications to get the flip top to fit the v10 but i cannot find anything or anyone who knows what mods i have to make! and that stupid customer service at ps2cover.com hasn't responded to any (3 total) of my e-mails. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND WWW.PS2COVER.COM to ANYONE! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

had to get it outta my system, anyways i'm dieing to test it out when it arrives, i'll let you all know if everthing works out alright!

later all! thanks for all help!

10. kylebaker

kylebaker Member

i have a version 10 (99% sure it's a v10 cause the scph-50001 and the date from what i've read is 3D on the v10's, and mine has the 3D)

so it should all work right? i have ordered my fliptop cover from http://www.ps2cover.com/ and that stupid place is taking forever to ship it, it's been 3 weeks now.

it said that you have to make minor modifications to get the flip top to fit the v10 but i cannot find anything or anyone who knows what mods i have to make! and that stupid customer service at ps2cover.com hasn't responded to any (3 total) of my e-mails. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND WWW.PS2COVER.COM to ANYONE! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

had to get it outta my system, anyways i'm dieing to test it out when it arrives, i'll let you all know if everthing works out alright!

11. kylebaker

kylebaker Member