1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this codec the answer to it all?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Art716, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Art716

Art716 Member

I work with several different formats of files like "avi,divx,xvid" to burn onto cd's like vcd & svcd. I have been searching for a codec and I don't really know what to install as I am confused. Everytime I play the format on WMP 10 it is good and clear and perfect. But when I go to burn to a CD it comes out nothing like WMP picture but instead its rather dark. I have tried K-Lite, Divx codec's in the past and no help. So, I was reading about "Koepi's XviD Codec v1.1.2". Would this take care of my above formats or just what would you reccomend? Any and all help is deeply appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is a series of things I know....decide after tyou read my whole post.

1) XviD , some year ago, was superior than DivX (and it was even free). Now, maybe DivX6 has almost beaten it, but DivX it's more difficult to use than XviD.

2) Once, DVD players which played AVIs were able to see only DivX movies. Newer players can now read DivX and XviD movies. Using a simple free application (AviC.exe, contained in XviD distribution package) you can make even old players to read XviD movies.

3) The old 'legend' that Auto Gordian Knot (AGK) works better with XviD than DivX is, at present, false. My output AGK AVIs (both DivX and XviD) are comparable.

4) I think that if you create AVI with XviD (keeping installed on your PC a copy of DivX trial version, just for decoding purposes) is a good (free) configuration...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  4. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Codecs are hell, there is never an "answer to it all".