1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Dead-1TB Iomega Desktop Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mick087, Apr 27, 2011.

1. mick087

mick087 Regular member

I have a iomega 1tb external desk top hard dive that you plug into a plug and then usb to pc. All was fine until yesterday, the Hard drive would not show up on my pc or laptop. When i switch it on the light keeps flashing don’t stay on all the time just flashing. I did move the hard drive in a bag and taker it on the bus with me and this when the problem started.

Is my hard drive dead, is this game over.

I took the hard drive out its silver covering and did conected the hard drive to the rest of it, and when i plugged it in the light would stay on, when i connected the hard drive back then the light would just flash again.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Anyway of getting the info of the hard drive and put on another hard drive? Ive lots of music edited stored on this and it would take so long to do it all again.
    Maybe i was wrong at the time to buy a cheap hard drive and put so much on, but you live and learn.

Any help suggestions be great please.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

might be the hd enclosure is the problem. can connect the drive internally in your pc or get another hd enclosure.

3. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

I second that.

Try removing the actual hard drive, and installing it directly inside your pc, or at least connect it off to the side temporarily... but connect it one way or the other to the motherboard directly of your DESKTOP pc. You should see it show up as another drive, you can then move files on/off as usual.

4. mick087

mick087 Regular member

Problem Solved
    The Hard Drive was ok it was the power going to the case that was broke.
    I got a Dard drive docing station and tested it.
    Then got a new hard draive case working perfect now.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

good on the hd problem.