1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this for real? plz read need info

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by cac, Oct 3, 2004.

1. cac

cac Regular member

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

I havent heard much about the X2.6 mod-chip, bit i suggest that you should do alittle research on it, and check to see if it is compatible with your xbox, by means of xbox version. (1.0, 1.2 etc..)

3. cac

cac Regular member

it says it does i have a brandnew xbox. 1,=.6 says it works on t
    ty
    cac what do u think yes or bno about getting it.
    how hard is it to replace a hdd on a xbox wuth another on?

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

The fact is you need a modchip to replace the onboard BIOS so that you can have whatever BIOS you want in the modchip. Once that is done, you can run un-signed software on your xbox. This is the basic feature any modchip provides. Other features are optional. Or for the most part, you can careless what it does. At least that is my personal point of view.

And, any LPC-based modchip works with all versions of xbox, including v1.6. Make sure you have the correct BIOS loaded for the version of your xbox.

5. cac

cac Regular member

my point is is it worth doing it myself ording the no solder then installing the chip to it. is that better then solder ing it?
    when i do get this to work how do i flash a bios and which do need? ill have the 1.6 .

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

cac, you maybe out of luck, the solderless adapter will only work for xbox version 1.0 to 1.5, unless you start practicing on some old mobos with an solder iron, suggest that you pay a professional to do it for you. Sorry for the bad news.