1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this okay?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Canucker6, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Canucker6

Canucker6 Member

Lately as I am sure everyone knows, sometimes Shrink cant open movies even with Anydvd, but just wondering if the way I do it is okay, I just use the killer combo of Anydvd and Clonedvd, I back up the whole disk on clone to a folder and then open that folder with Shrink and never had a problem, then from there I can re-author and take out credits and then back it up and burn it.....it's a extra step but seems to work great.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Canucker6 ,
    It will work but even AnyDVD has problems sometimes. Last time that happened Ripit4Me had the movie done before the movie came out and after the movie came out on DVD it still took AnyDVD 7-10 days to get it right. But for the occasional blips your way will work fine.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Canucker6, i don't get why your using both clonedvd 2 and dvd shrink?

clonedvd 2 will do the job without dvd shrink fine

if you want to use dvd shrink with anydvd use the anydvd ripper first ripping the file to your HD then transcode with dvd shrink, saving a step

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I noticed on the Slysoft forum that they were using AnyDVD and CloneDVD together to form a ripper. The full output, uncompressed, could then be edited as desired and used in the transcoder or encoder of choice. As we've seen, with some titles only CloneDVD would work with AnyDVD. Once it's successfully ripped (or burned) the files should be compliant. It seems a waste of time to me. It's saying Slysoft hasn't got its game together. Like Car.Mike, I suggest RipIt4Me. Till February, I went with AnyDVD about all the time. But since AnyDVD took the slide, RipIt4Me has been my "go to" program.

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

qoute."Canucker6, i don't get why your using both CloneDVD 2 and DVD Shrink? "
    I tell you why. because for some of us, shrink produces a much better quality output than clonedvd2, specially when the compression to apply is high.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That's when I rip with RI4M and go to Rebuilder.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and thats why i use a DL lol

8. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

@Canucker

I don't see the problem doing it your way. I do the same in a similar fashion. I use AnyDvd to help rip my Dvd with Dvd Decrypter. Then I run through FixVts 90% of the time and then I use Nero Recode2.

If I do have a low compression disc then I do use CloneDvd. I agree with Elizerroj with high compression dvd's that shrink and Recode are better quality than clonedvd. I haven't made the jump yet to rebuilder, but some day.....

Strat