1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible to do, TA-082 straight to 3.10 oe-a?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by weirdoku, Mar 4, 2007.

1. weirdoku

weirdoku Member

Hi,

I just need a simple answer, I have searched long and hard but I just can't find the answer, here my question.

I plan to buy a PSP (second one) from Hong Kong (I'm going there in 3 weeks time) and the last time I brought one it had a TA-082 motherboard with 2.71 firmware. I don't know what firmware they come with now but I'm almost certain it will have a TA-082 MB.

A friend of mine just came back from HK with a PSP and his PSP is also a TA-082 but someone updated it to 3.10 oe-a. He doesn't know much so I couldn't ask him about this stuff.

I sure that updating to 3.10 oe-a won't brick the TA-082 PSP but what I need to know is can I just update it straight to 3.10 oe-a firmware or do I need to downgrade to something first (as I've read on other forums) and can I use these instructions if the case was true?

So, can I go straight to 3.10 oe-a from whatever firmware it has?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

if you say that it's a ta-082 w/ a 2.71 then the answer is no. you should downgrade it first to 1.5. then you can upgrade it straight to 3.10oe-a. use hexitnow's installer. cheers for your incoming psp :)

3. weirdoku

weirdoku Member

do you know what firmware the psp now come with?

Ok so if the psp I buy has 2.71 and its a TA-082, shall I follow this guide

to downgrade to 1.5?

then I can use the hexitnow to upgrade to 3.10 oe-a?

Once I downgrade to 1.5 can i still use the guide I first linked to update to 3.10 oe-a?

thanks for you help, can't wait to get my psp again!