1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Right ?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by totty68, Jun 18, 2007.

1. totty68

totty68 Regular member

Hi Peeps,,,My Mate Just Bought A Hp Desktop About 4/5 Mths Ago,,,Now I Aint No Wizz,,But I Can Do Enuff,,His Pc Was On A Go Slow.He Asked Me 2 Formatt It 4 him,,Formatted Then I found Out He Never Got Any Discs With His Pc,,IE,,Windows Or Drivers Discs,,After Fresh Install,,I tried To Get Into "h" Drive,The "Partition",,I Got In But It Says The Partition Was Empty,,And The Partition Is Also Fat 32,Need Help Big Time Cheers Peeps

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If you formatted the entire HDD, then I think the partitions get wiped too.

3. totty68

totty68 Regular member

formatted the h/d,,should the partition not still have been there untouched with whatever was inside it ??? just cant fathom out how/why/ no discs cum with the pc,,other m8 bought the same pc,,hes in same boat lol,,,EDIT the partition is 7 gig

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

You can order the recovery CDs fromt he manufacturer for a nominal fee. Just give them the serial number of the machine and they will know what to send you.

~Rich

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you didn't touch the h: drive then the info should be still there. when you 1st startup the computer, does it give you the option to do f12 to do a system recovery? what is the make & model# of that hp?

6. totty68

totty68 Regular member

cheers doubledown m8,will look into that,@ ddp,,the "h" drive,, is that the partition ? if so,,i never touched it,,i went and checked it but it was deffo empty,think free space was nearly 7 gig or something,the pc is an hp a1516.uk
    start up does`nt give me system recovery option,but is that because it was`nt the hp windows that went back in it,,it was xp corporate ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member