1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this safe? (wii jacket)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by cybaster, Oct 1, 2007.

1. cybaster

cybaster Member

2. slibs

slibs Regular member

1. its form nintendo site so its real.
    2. they are just using the information to verify that your console was purchased prior to the change in package.

i think i'll do it, though it'd be annoying because i use rechargables

3. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

ya man of course its safe they're just confirming you own a wii by asking for your serial number, I ordered 4 (I only have 2 wiimotes) and I did the same thing when they were replacing wrist straps.

4. kondor

kondor Regular member

Glad they have done this, my 5 yr old knows to wear the wrist strap but once he got a bit over exited and lost his grip. It gave him such a whack on the head it came up in a lump.

The remote is well made though, so no real damage was done :D

5. lovecars

lovecars Regular member

LOL THAT WAS FUNNY i just ordered mine too got a message from nintendo this morning about those wiimote jackets totally real

6. Vejeta77

Vejeta77 Member

Everytime I try to get the dang things it tells me that my request exceeds the number they give for each serial number. Which is nuts cause I only requested one. It says to try back in 24 hours though if I think I got the message in error. So, now I have to wait for 24 hours to try again.

7. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

someone else will have typed in your serial

u cud the same?

8. Vejeta77

Vejeta77 Member

I went over to my friends house and did it. he has dsl so it didn't have a problem compared to my dial up. Nintendo is really being awesome by doing this. Really out of all the major console companies I trust Nintendo! They actually seem to test their equipment to make sure it doesn't crash, like the constant freezing of the PS3 or Halo 3 burning out 360's. Does anyone know if new Wii Play games that include remotes will come with this jacket? I haven't heard anything about it but I'm assuming it will.

9. kondor

kondor Regular member

I would think so. Seriously when my kid whacked himself on the head the look of shock was a picture. It made a right noise. If it was not for the strap it would not have happened (though i guess it could have hit me instead).

Basically, Nintendo admit it is possible to loose the remote hence the strap and new strap. But if you loose the remote now where do you think it goes? as my son found out while bowling, slightly above the left eye (he is a lefty)

10. cybaster

cybaster Member

alright, ordered mine a few days ago...

for those who have that "you have exceeded the amount of requests", just go on as they say after the 24 hours...

it worked for me and it should be coming real soon =)