1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS This The Good Media???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by uLie, Dec 31, 2004.

1. uLie

uLie Member

Hey I was just wondering before I order this media if this is the RIGHT kind and if this is a good place to buy it.

http://supermediastore.com/ritek-4xdvdr-fs.html

I have read the Ritek 4X G04's are a good choice for PS2 game backups. I finally want to get my GTA San Andreas working right. If any of you use this media and have burned a successful copy of GTA with no lag or no slow loads let me know please. Thank You.

2. Nismo32

Nismo32 Member

i burned my GTA on memorex 8x dvd -r at 8x with nero and it works like a charm... no problems at all, no loading problems, no graphic problems, just like the real game... perfect

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

@Nismo32
    Memorex sucks. You're lucky that you got a good burn, and you'll be even luckier if the disk is still playable in 6 months.
    @uLie
    Those are decent disks, but the price isn't that great. Meritline.com is selling silver faced 8x Taiyo Yudens for 24.50 for a 50 pack. Go with those. They are the best money can buy.

4. Jon_20_29

Jon_20_29 Member

I'd go with ritek any day. and yes, memorex SUCKS. only 1 out of 5 games I burn on them boots at all.

5. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

meritline has it for a good price..but bestbuy had the fujifilm 100 pack..which is taiyo yuden brand media on sale for $39.99. just bought a pack after i guy on this forum said fujifilm 8x dvd+ was taiyo yuden brand media. he was right i checked with dvd identifier. it is ty brand

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Ya go ahead and order from meritline, they have great shipper UPS, they ship fast and reliable, not like stupid fedex lost mypackage.
    I think it costs like 25.50 last time i checked for a 50 pack dvd-r ritekgo4 either matte or silver shinny, they both work.
    Also i have burn san adrea w/ my Lite ON at 2x and it plays just like the original, no lag or freezes.

7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I forgot to mention that wherever you buy your media, make sure the shipper is not fedex. I said that b/c i recently bought a 10 pack cd-r from www.allmediaoutlet.com, and fedex hasnt delivered it to my apartment yet and it has been 1 month already.