1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the what they tend to make ps3 look like?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by roach30, Oct 18, 2004.

1. roach30

roach30 Guest

2. roach30

roach30 Guest

3. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Considering it looks like there's 4 different models there... I doubt that they plan to make a PS3 that looks like all of them.

4. mozo88

mozo88 Guest

concept models my friend...these are just ideas that sony or someone has thought of...nothing has been finalized. i doubt that we are going to know the case of the ps3 anytime soon when they still have to work on the processor and other more important stuff

5. convolute

convolute Regular member

My guess, and it's only a guess, but from the issues that arise from a tray, they're not going to use one. It scratches the disks far more, the drive bay mechanisms suck on the ps2 as it is, and it makes the machine larger than it needs to be. Just considering that with the fact the new pstwo is a flip top.

6. limelight

limelight Regular member

who cares what it looks like- as long as it has the balls to play games. and heavy 3rd party support too of course!

7. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Heh I agree with you limelight... couldn't have put it better myself.

Just because they switched the PStwo back to a tray doesn't mean anything... they just did that to make it so fkn small :-/. It's not like they don't have some intelligent people who could fix most of the "problems" with a tray if they wanted to, imo.

8. convolute

convolute Regular member

Personally, I care what the machine looks like. It's a way of marketing product, about the visuals and selling. Also, if the ps3 was the size of a garbage pail and looked just as crappy, whereas the next xbox/gamecube were small and sleek and cool and had pretty much the same selection, I'd choose NOT to buy a ps3. I know it's not going to be a garbage pail shaped object, but regardless I'd like to know what it looks like.

As for the tray, ultimately, a tray almost always gets scratched through use because it's touching the bottom of the tray. With a fliptop design where the disk is placed on a nub, the bottom of the disk touches nothing except for the centre part that holds no game data. Unless the disk COMPLETELY stops before touching the bottom of the tray every time, it's going to get some scratches over time. Unless they change the disk in a way like making the edges slightly thicker so it doesn't touch the bottom at all (i've seen plastic protectors for disks like that) but that's probably not cost effective for them.