1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this TV worth the money?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by stevelege, Mar 8, 2007.

1. stevelege

stevelege Regular member

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

I personally wouldn't touch a Bush TV.
    Bush are part of Alba, and the quality of the kit is never very good.

Even their website shows no info on that TV, which is pretty crap, so what sort of support will you ever get after the 1st year and Argos don't want to know (none).

The spec however seems okay for the money, I would make sure you find a store where you can actually view the picture quality and have aplay with the controls and listen to it.

Even though the Argos store setup doesn't lend itself to demo kit, if you speak to the manager they should let you do it, maybe arrange to have aviewing early in the morning or just before they close.

This is especially required on a TV that they seem to have sole rights to sell (other than eBay)

3. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

Yeah... I'd stay away from it. The contrast ratio is pretty bad compared to current LCDs. You can still get a fairly inexpensive 32inch with much better specs for around $600.

4. stevelege

stevelege Regular member

Yeah well if i lived in America that might help me lol.

5. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Dabs are also doing a 32" LCD Dabs Value TV, made by Digimate, comes with 1 yr Dabs and further 2 yr Digimate warranty.
    I have one in the bedroom, works fine and despite the reviews which state sound problems, I found that after going through settings, it sounds fine.
    I wouldn't use it as my main TV but for a bedroom or second TV it is more than fine and costs £350.

6. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

Don't touch it. It's poison! I wouldn't buy it, it looks pretty bad, but it's what you want for your tv experience.