1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is torx 10 a must?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

I dont have one but i have a precison scrwdriver set and alot of phillips screwdrivers, wouldnt that be enough or do i really need that screwdriver?

2. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

you could try it, but i'd be concerned that it might "strip" the screw. i would suggest buying a torx 10 bit screwdriver. they should be pretty cheap at your local lowes/home depot/hardware store. i got a 101 bit set for $8 the other weekend. haha. i'll never use 90 of those, but hey, for $8, couldn't pass it up.

3. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Man the Us do business so easily. Here in the Uk thed prob make you buy a lawnmower, a kitchen and then the torx 10!, its just that here you never get things alone it always included in a set, i went to look for one found it but comes with some electrical gadgets for £20 ($40) im not risking rounding screws so im defo going to get it!

4. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

my bad, i thought you were in the US. which is why i mentioned home depot/lowes/etc...sorry about that! ouch! $40 USD for a torx 10 screwdriver!!??! no wonder you were asking! that's insane. well, i wish you luck in finding a cheap torx 10. i agree with you...i'd definitely go with the torx 10 so that you don't risk stripping the screws.

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

lol, cheers m8

6. cvsre140

cvsre140 Member

Don't know where you're shopping at mate, i picked up my torx 10 a week ago for £4.99 from Maplin!

7. DB9

DB9 Guest

rule 1 of taking anything apart!
    use the correct tool for the correct job and u wont have to worry!

go to radioshack and pick up the whole torx bitset for likr 12$
    (dont be cheap or u will pay, stripping a torx head is not a walk in the park)