1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is vista compatible with psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cuzza2k7, Nov 20, 2007.

1. cuzza2k7

cuzza2k7 Guest

Hi it matt i have windows vista on my laptop and my psp doesnt seem to be compatible.When i plug it into my lappy with vista it sais please install driver please someone help me i need to get this up and running fast thanks loads

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

Holy crack dude, thats not possible I have Vista on a bunch of computers at work and all of the recognize the PSP, mine is a FAT one so I dont know what might be causing the problem.

3. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

There is nothing wrong with Windows Vista (any edition) and the PSP. Windows XP and Vista both have full support for the PSP-1001/2000 Models. There shouldn't be a driver conflict ether. Pirated copies of Vista sometimes contain hacked up versions to reduce size, i.e. they purposely deleted drivers and features. Curruption in system-critical files could also cause this error. Try updating your USB driver and Bus Controller. If this still doesn't fix it, I'd try a System Repair or wipe on the O.S. to ensure its software. If its actual hardware, you're screwed since its a laptop. Just to be sure, see if another computer can see the PSP when connected to ensure that it is your laptop and not your PSP. Also, I have seen a bad cable cause this error as well. Hopefully, through all my ranting, you've discovered the cause by the end of my speach.