1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is watching movies on Ps2 any worse than playing a game???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by madmax69, Sep 30, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Thats my question in a nutshell. Someone once told me that watching movies puts more stress on the laser than playing a game and I was like....hmmm how can that be??...but thats why I am a newbie...lol....So just curious if you guys think I should have a standalone dvd player for watching movies.....

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah its true because to read a movie the laser has to constantly keep reading and reading where as a game will only have to be read a few times through out the game because it has certain loading points usually at the start of the game.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

actauly the ps2 has more stress while playing games since the lens moves in all derection to read the media... but in dvd mode it only moves few times to seek the files then moves slowly from the inner ring to the outer ring.... apart from that the only other stress is while the lens changes the layer and that only takes like 2ms..... keep in mind that the ps2 dosent even heat up while playing dvd movies... no EE or GS engines in use while playing movies... the more it seeks the more pressure it has.. loading or not most of games today have the constat reading on... so this makes the lens stress more since it seeks w/o stopping... less seek more reading = less strees on the actual work of the lens...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    need help?... click... >>>>>> http://tinyurl.com/43d2q <<<<< must have mirc installed to work....[/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah hes probably right... i just read that off some other thread so i thought it was true =).