1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is weed bad?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by c4iscool, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

i was thinking is weed really that bad? I don't smoke but I know a lot of ppl who do and to them it's just like drinking. it doesn't seem worst than drinking, so y is it not legal. if it is just as bad as alcohol y don't we outlaw alcohol.....again. what do u guys think?

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Is weed bad,not as bad as alcohol in my opinion you can smoke as much of it and not overdose or anything like that(infact you would pass out before you could even get to a point of overdose).Why they don't make it legal,because once they do a drug bust all the drug money and possessions they keep easy as that.Alcohol used to be outlawed also way back in the days(mainly hard liquor),everyone just started to uprise so they made it legal.The only thing weed can do to you is give you cancer,which also comes from cigs also.It is kinda wild though some hospitals use weed on some of the patients that are very ill.The reason they do this is to make them not feel anything,but if smoked alot of times it will give you cancer that is the only side effect I see that can actually happen.Look at places that make drugs legal,the crime rate is not as high.Since it is illegal in America and most places the crimerate is very high.

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Have you tried it L-Burna?

-Mike

4. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

some1 told me that u have a smaller risk of getting cancer from weed. 2 me smoking is dumb period.

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I'm not gonna say it's good, but it sure as hell isn't as bad as alcohol or cigerettes. Or half the prescription drugs that are out on the market. Or inhaling the fumes you get while being stuck in trafic during rush hour. The list goes on....

6. liberal

liberal Member

weed messes with your memory. Even after you quit using it you can still have memory loss. It's not fun. It also can trigger anxiety, panic attacks. My advice don't do it. If you do anyway, don't smoke a lot at once, keep it in moderate amounts.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

For how long?

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think it's different for everyone. I used to smoke a lot, and I had a really bad memory, but just when I was high. The next day it was fine. I got really lazy (as most people do), but some people I know can take on the world when stoned. It's not physically addicting, but it can be mentally addicting. It doesn't cause nearly as many health problems as alcohol, and as far as cancer (I'm thinking you're talking about lung cancer?), that depends on how much you smoke and your physical health. I have asthma, not severe but noticeable, and it had the same effect that cigarette smoke did. But the average cigarette smoker probably smokes about a pack a day. I don't think the average pothead smokes 20 joints a day. So yeah, weed may be worse for your lungs than cigarettes, but you're not gonna smoke nearly as much weed as cigarettes (I hope). Also, weed has been known to help leukemia patients, and leukemia is cancer of the blood if I'm not mistaken. It's a helluva stress-reliever too, if only for the moment.

As far as legalities, my belief is this: If it was legal, other drug useage would drop greatly. Most people who do drugs started out with weed. Most got introduced to harder drugs by dealers who pressured them into it. If weed were legal, no more weed dealers, no more people getting turned on to coke, etc.

But they would never legalize it here in the states, look at alcohol prohibition. Plus that would mean that the government would have to take back all the bad things they said about it, and they would never do that, because that would prove they were wrong. I just say let the stats speak for themselves. In places where it's legal, there is a much lower crime rate.

Think about food combinations. It takes a stoner to think to put certain food combinations together. Ice cream's great on its own, then there's like 9 million toppings and stuff to put on it. Ever had popcorn with M&M's in it? Sounds weird, but it's good. Pizza and ranch dressing....hell, anything and ranch dressing. We wouldn't have a lot of things we have today if it weren't for weed.

9. retro78

retro78 Member

Is weed bad, you know that burnt materials aren't supposed to be inhaled and that they cause serious health issues.
    But a Dutch studie showed, that sending email and cell sms, is more endangering to your health then weed!so....
    But every year a survey of some sort is born that proves the oposite and vica versa.
    Ih holland weed is "legal", because the risks are tolareble, they are compared with tabacco smoke inhalation,and are called softdrugs for a reason,: alcohol for expl. ,when abused, causes far more addicts, debts, problems and deaths then MaryJane!
    I think, that with restaint like with every drug, MJ isn't as bad as some peolple make it out to be!

And don't even start debating legelizing !lol :)

[​IMG]

ok, i think its time for a smoke, of some sort!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Weed stays in your system for about a month, depending on how much you smoke. Coke - 2-3 days. Amphetamines - 1-2 days. Heroin - 1-2 days. Ecstasy - 1-2 days. I think the reason for weed staying in your system so much longer is that your body doesn't consider it a poison and therefore, your body doesn't attempt to kick it out.

11. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

i know if u don't smoke alot it only stays in ur system 4 about a week or so.

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I gave up weed a year ago...was spending too much time doing it, and too much money on it! I was a pothead for a about 7 years, but it finally came to a point where I was going nowhere and motivation was at an all time low (a big side effect of heavy smoking).

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

that's why I quit too.

14. philipman

philipman Regular member

Its not that bad for you, I say it is worse than alcohol. Kills more brain cells. Also alcohol takes a hell of a long time to affect your health. Weed is great but I like alcohol better.

15. djscoop

djscoop Active member

weed kills brain cells, whereas alcohol effects other body organs, like kidneys and liver. they're both pretty much equal as far as damage goes. but its all about MODERATION. you smoke a joint every now and then, you're not gonna get any major side effects. you drink litely on the weekend, your liver probably won't fail on you when you're in your 50s. so just pace yourself. I was smoking almost an 1/8 a day (3.5 grams)...it was definately starting to take its toll.

edit f*cking typo

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  16. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

if u don't mind me asking, djscoop how old r u?

17. djscoop

djscoop Active member

18. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

"Marijuana has caused no deaths, yet the government arrested 641,642 Americans last year on marijuana-related offenses, and is threatening to prosecute doctors who prescribe marijuana for victims of AIDS and cancer,"

As this new study makes clear, the War on Drugs has more to do with political posturing than with public health -- and that's why it's time to end it.

http://www.njweedman.com/100,000.html

19. djscoop

djscoop Active member

that is very true...back in the 30s the alcohol company made the movie "reefer madness" which scared americans and the government into thinking weed makes you go crazy and all that stuff. since the movie was so popular, the alcohol industry convinced the government to make a federal ban of marijuana, so that way americans will buy booze, not weed.

and here's a fun fact for you: the DECLARATION OF INDEPENCENCE was written on HEMP PAPER!!

20. philipman

philipman Regular member

Marijuana will kill you if you smoke heavily for years, I should say may kill you its not good for you. It may take a while but it does miss up your lungs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.