1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is WWW. MODCHIP.COM a fraud?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jr_, Dec 6, 2002.

1. jr_

jr_ Guest

I purchase a magic 3 chip using my credit card Nov 27 They claim next day shipping. No answers to my emails. No one answers the phone # on the website. Should I just wait or try another vendor?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2002
  2. Aladarth

Aladarth Guest

Wow, that is werid I bought a mod Magic 2 at www.modchip.ca. I bought with credit card and had my chip in 3 days were as it was to be at my house in 7 days to 3 weeks. I would say you sould contact your credit card and see if modchip.com had taken payment. If not then you could put a hold on the payment. if so I would still find out some info. from your Credit card comp. Then again if it was just ordered near X-mas could be that nice little X-mas mailing rush. Hope this helps .
    Good luck
    -darth(USA)

3. Yeah7

Yeah7 Member

Well, I "write" on the Chips (12C509, 0.10USD) using a self-maded "writing"-Circuit (in every electronic/computer-based industry labor available, ask a friend) where you can get the hex code of a chip, saving to HDD and generate Chips!!

4. shmaque

shmaque Member

jr__ I'm with you - wish I had found modchip.us/ca before I ordered from modchip.com. I placed my order on Dec 04, they posted the charge to my credit card on the 5th, and I've heard nothing since the initial automatic "thanks for your order" email. I've heard good things about them before, which makes this very confusing...
    I've written many emails, no responses... I've even threatened to have my credit card company refuse payment.
    It actually looks like their company is based in Hungary, so I'm really not sure where this is going... Heck - I even sent my last email in German just in case the support tech reading it doesn't happen to know English ;-)

Pls let me know if you make any progress on your end.

5. jr_

jr_ Guest

Well if their in Hungary it could be just a transit time problem. I got an email from them saying they shipped it on the 28th and I should check with my postoffice if I don't get it in 3 more days. I ordered another from extreme-mods for less money. There is actually a real person who answers the phone. Will update if any new events in my Magic 3 quest.

6. nugz77

nugz77 Member

I have had the same problem, I ordered in late November and still have not received. I sent emails to them and no response.

7. shmaque

shmaque Member

Well shoot - if you both ordered in late Nov. & have heard nothing, then I definitely won't get mine in the near future... I spoke with my credit card company last night and the best they would do is send me a form in the mail to file a dispute on the charge (another 7-10 business days just to get the forms to me). In the mean time, I'm seriously considering just ordering another from modchip.ca or extreme-mods - I was looking at both of them before I even came across this post yesterday. Wonder if there's much of a market for re-sale on the thing if I order a second and the modchip.com one magically shows up... ?

8. Sgt_USMC

Sgt_USMC Member

9. shmaque

shmaque Member

Well, if they're not a fraud, then they're definitely pretty pathetic at doing business. I just wrote them an email informing them that I am hereby assuming, by their lack of communication, that they have no intention of filling my order, and that I have begun proceedings with my credit card company to get my money back. I also said that if I DO actually receive anything after this point, I'll refuse delivery & return to sender. I really don't know what else to do at this point, but as far as I'm concerned, even without the correspondance, they haven't held up their end of the "ships the same day!" ad. (unless, of course, they're shipping via carrier pigeon...)

10. jr_

jr_ Guest

Well if they ship from Hungary by boat it could take a while even if they did ship it same day.

11. nugz77

nugz77 Member

thats why I am kind of holding off. you figure it is coming from hungary and it is around christmas time, so i will be patient for at least another week.

12. nugz77

nugz77 Member

they actually replied to my email today, they said mine shipped on dec 2 and allow 6 to 7 working days for it to arrive, so we will see.

13. shmaque

shmaque Member

Hmm... Well at least they responded. I kind of feel like a toad for saying I'd return the shipment, but in at least 4 days worth of emails I speficically said "just send me a one liner to know whether you're really sending me one or not" so that I would know whether or not to contact my credit card company... I understand shipping delays and holiday seasons, etc... but how much business in modchips can they honestly be doing that they can't check their email once a week?? We'll just have to wait and see, I guess...

14. shmaque

shmaque Member

This is interesting also - I just checked their web site for info on return policies, etc... and I noticed that since the last time I looked at it (a day ago, maybe?), somebody updated it to include a new Magic3.5 model. Wish they were as in to replying to emails as updating their web site to "sell" more chips...

15. nugz77

nugz77 Member

well I can tell you this if it is a fraud and they do charge your card, then make sure you contact your bank or credit card co and let them know you want to dispute a charge on your account and they have to provide a cash dispute or regulation e form for your to fill out

16. shmaque

shmaque Member

They ARE alive! Got an email from them tonight saying that mine shipped on the 5th, and that it usually takes 4-6 bus. days for delivery. I wrote back thanking them for the response & said I'd tell my credit card company to forget the dispute & accept the shipment when it actually gets here, etc... - their reply:

We are sorry for the late reply, but we currently have a lot of work.. Xmas is comming soon.

Regards,

MODCHIP.COM
    www.modchip.com
    order@modchip.com

Still don't know where the heck these guys are based, but if it's Hungary, then he's up awful early checking his email...

17. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I am glad to hear that ...

What i've heard is that other people also have orderd from www.modchip.com and they all received their modchips, so .... everything is going to be allright for you.

Still it's wrong to not check your mail every day and at least reply..

18. jr_

jr_ Guest

I got the one I ordered from extreme-mods today. Got an email from modchip.com They are starting an investigation.

Wish I had just used extreme-mods to begin with. Magic 3 was $49.00 from them $69.00 from modchip.com and still don't have it.

19. nugz77

nugz77 Member

yeah no shit, that sucks it is $20 cheaper and I still haven't received mine either.

20. BurnChamp

BurnChamp Guest

Check this website out. Magic 3 mods are $32. If anyone buys this mod plz let me know. thanks.
    http://www.eurasia.nu/