1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Xmodd.com a scam?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jettroh, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Jettroh

Jettroh Member

Ordered an installation service on Friday morning,then cancelled it on Saturday through email and I keep sending email everyday,but did not hear anything from them.My credit card was already been charged.I tried to call the number on their website and it is a voice mail box which won't accept messages anymore.Anybody has the same experience?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

God i hope not, i just ordered a premodded PS2 from them last week. they did email me twice with confirmations of the order. But other people on the post here have bought from them and were happy with what they got, that's how i found out about the site, so i will just have to hope they are for real.

3. Jettroh

Jettroh Member

I also received 2 confirmation emails right after ordering.But after that,not a single hi.I even sent at least 4 emails to every department.Right after knowing that the telephone number posted on their website is a voice mail box,I smell it hard.

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

They are not a scam. They are a very reliable company. It takes them some time to respond to emails as they are usually very busy. They will get back to you and straighten things out. Don't worry.

5. Jettroh

Jettroh Member

We are all busy,no doubt about that.But if you are running a business,you always have time for your customers.After 12 emails in 6 days?I was cancelling my order because I decided to just buy their premodded system.I am glad I did not do that first.It would have been $200 more.

6. Xmodd

Xmodd Guest

We apologize for the delay in response to email. Our internet connection at the office was down for a few days. The order was refunded already though.

7. Jettroh

Jettroh Member

I received the refund for the first installation service order I made.On Sunday,Feb.27,I ordered again with the same installation service and never heard from them since.My PS2 was having a Disc Read Error last night so I emailed Xmodd late this morning to cancel my order and request for a refund again.Haven't heard from them yet,but I will update this post if something comes up.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005