1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't religion a wonderful thing!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by drchips, Mar 19, 2004.

1. drchips

drchips Active member

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Religion is the greatest excuse ever devised to murder, hate and discriminate.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro/M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  3. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I'll just add this: http://objective.jesussave.us/creation.html

I think its funny, however, since this guys serious, apparently (unless its a REALLY well done hoax as all the sponsers and links work, even the personal pages of the webmasters and the like) its pretty bad that some people even try to shove their religion down other's throats like this

4. Nephilim

From msb5150's link:

Excuse me but they didn't even know about this shit when they wrote the bible! Talk about total ignorant denial of truth.

5. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Alot of people have always used religion to control. But, Without Faith whar are you left with. It is very common for all people faced with the inveitable to pray to or hope for something different. Your own death or the death of a love one. It is just sad that selfish people use this faith to control or take advantage of others. One constant thru all religions is true love. True love for your dog, wife, kids, and friends is very powerful. Couple that with true faith in something more divine could lead people on the right direction. I have met many different, devoted people that have inspired me. Some Christian some not, but all very moving, but anyways good question
    !

6. drchips

drchips Active member

Hmmmm...
    I noticed the order you put those in.

People tend to state a list in order of personal priority: most important things first.

1 - dog
    2 - wife
    3 - kids
    4 - friends

You must have a REALLY GOOD DOG ;)

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

um

my list money/computer/pizza/alcohol/drugs(fags)

Thx...

OH! dog here and not onlist!

8. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Really NO! I hate my dog. My wife and son love it so out of love from them the dog stays. If I had my way it would be out of here.

9. Nephilim

I believe in God and have absolute faith in Him. I refuse to go to church because it's a form of mental masturbation for tons of people who want to feel superior to others. I don't want to be around that and I sure as hell don't need some talking head at the pulpit telling me how to be a "good" person, it's pretty easy to figure out on your own. I realize it's a very good thing for some people and that's great because that's what it's all about.

I also believe He loves all of us no matter what name we choose to call him, God, Buddah, Allah etc. It's how we treat ourselves and others that make Him happy, not following a bunch of superficial "rules".

It's a damn shame that something as intrinsically beautiful and good as religion gets twisted into a reason to hate. If every "religious" person in the world actually held to the core values of religion, love and acceptance, gay marriage wouldn't be an issue, the middle east wouldn't be a killing ground and the world would generally get on pretty well.

Unfortunately we, the human race in general, love to find any excuse we can to wipe ourselves out which is why I firmly believe there are aliens checking us out but there's no way in hell they want to meet us :)

10. drchips

drchips Active member

Ah, Nephilim...

That is the difference between Religion (a man-made societal control structure) and Faith (a God-given)..

I will ALWAYS question a persons Religion, but never their Faith...

Have Fun...

11. Nephilim

Damn skippy, doc. Very well put.

12. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Creationist scientist? Isn’t that sort of an oxymoron?

Using science, to prove that science is wrong seems rather absurd to me.

13. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

BTW, a few more clicks on the creationist site will get you to an article that claims that Pokemon is a propaganda tool for "Evolutionists". LOL.

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

Heres my 2 pence worth!

God as we know him (it) i reckon was some sort of CULT leader of sorts, that could walk the walk and talk the talk (sounds good at the time?) and from this developed links to religion.

religion i see is a sort of faith in ones self and others (a team player type)

Personally i dont believe in god at all i only have thoghts of his existance due to my school BANGUNG it into my head! i think the only thing up stairs is clouds and stars (maybe a few aliens???)

also the bible is the best book of excuses i know of! everything man does, there is a reason for it inside the the holy grail! NICE! for prostitutes and killers...

trouble is we all need something to beleive in else we would all be in a very sorry state of affiars, enter the church! they own more property and land then anyone i know! and faith is a good manipulative tool to keep hold of its riches (and way of life!)

Thx...

15. Nephilim

I worship at the altar of the female body :)

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yeah, sort of muff daddy pulpit......