1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iso burning question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Porphyro, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Porphyro

Porphyro Member

Firstly, I do hope this is the correct forum for this question, if not, my apologies.

Ok, so I have a 1:1 iso (no compression at all) that I wish to burn. However, I have yellow Datawrite DVDR discs at the moment, and I doubt these are really of enough quality for me to burn the ISO to (split across two discs of course). This link shows the exact type of media I have http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=2882#comments. Do any of you guys have comments on this media?

My question is this: if I do burn the iso to these discs, and the quality is poor (artifacts etc), will I be able to rerip from these dics and reburn to better quality media later, retaining 100% quality, or will the artifacts that may be apparent on the initial burn be transfered into the reripped iso? If the latter is the case, would I bet better off burning a copy of the iso file itself for archive purposes, to be later burnt to good quality media?

Sorry if that question is a bit convoluted! Thanks very much for any help =)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Let DVDINFO Pro tell you who made the disks (perhaps Nero toolkit will also tell you)- don't assume CMC.
    I don't know if your plan is do-able.
    A full rip of (perhaps) 9GB would have information relating to one disk.I don't know if it would be playable across two disks.
    Better to run it through DVD Shrink and burn to one quality Verbatim.
    If you ended up with a poor quality disk using poor media, that's what you would be stuck with.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Porphyro

Reburn a bad disc is usually not successful but if it is then all the previous warts are still attached to the new copy. I assume you could just write the ISO onto DVD-RW disc or DVD+R for future buring or just keep it on you HDD until you get better media.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Could try a DL disk and that would avoid all the problems.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm not sure if you can split an ISO and burn it to two discs. You might be better off getting some Verbatim DL +Rs disc and burning the ISO directly to DL disc with ImgBurn. Either way get good media.

Shop the sale circulars in the Sunday paper. You can buy cheap media or you can buy good media cheap!