1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO code modding, Tenchu TOA.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Frost, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Frost

Frost Newbie

Hey guys, new to the forum and have a bit of a tough question.
    I'm curious as to what length PSP game code can be altered and how one might go about such a thing. I've seen mods for FF Dissidia and 012 and other games for extra character skins to total redesigns of aspects of gameplay and soundtrack/texture alteration so I would assume it can be done with core game code as well.

To put context on this, I'm looking at modifying the game Tenchu: Time Of The Assassins on PSP to fix that abhorrent draw distance/fog of war, whatever you want to call it.
    The game is brilliant, but this one issue renders it unplayable for less experienced players/Tenchu fans.
    I personally can't believe the game was released with such a critical flaw so I'd like to try and fix it, specifically for my copy.

Truthfully I don't know sweet stuff all about coding on any level, but I've been told that with a combination of programs like UMDgen and ISObuster that it should be possible and I'm willing to do any amount of research necessary to fix this game.
    I also plan to work on fanmade Tenchu titles in the near future so I believe learning this sort of thing is necessary.