1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO DVD Images... Can't save 'em, HELP! :o(

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NYDUDE, Jan 2, 2005.

1. NYDUDE

NYDUDE Guest

Hello Peeps

I'm using CloneDVD2 v2.5.4.3, I used to save my .iso images to my HD. But I've upgraded to a 250 Gig SATA HD for more image space (until I have time to burn off the iso's)... Turns out, that now, when I try to save the iso images by selecting my destination for the source files; the "GO" button is grayed out! I'm figuring maybe CloneDVD doesn't like drives of such large capacities? I tested it again by replacing the 250 GIG with my old 40 GIG and sure enough -- I am able to save JAWS DVD to the drive! WHAT GIVES?

Thanks people - NYDUDE

Jennifer

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I read that Windows XP has problems working with HDs beyond 137GB without installing service pack 1 or 2. If this is your situation, try install service pack 1 to see how it goes.

3. NYDUDE

NYDUDE Guest

Yeah, I heard something similar -- but I've been hesitant to move onto SP2 because of scary reports, things breaking, etc...

Thanks for the reply!

Jennifer (NYDUDE)

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What about sp1?

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

P.S.: There is a way to remedy the situation by changing the registry directly. I've not tried it myself and was hesitant to bring it up. But if you're certain about the cause, please let me know.

6. NYDUDE

NYDUDE Guest

SP1 is what I have now.

Thanks!

Jennifer (NYDUDE)

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

I have read you definately need SP2 for drives above a certain size cant remember what the size it but i guarantee thats what the problem is.

Looks like you dont have much choice but to upgrade to SP2, i have and not had any problems but some people have, just create a restore point so if needed you can rollback the changes.